Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    Nice. I always thought those boxes were nifty. Bit art is so fun.

2. dandtpaul

dandtpaul Member

Dec 20, 2012
    May the force be with you.

3. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Thks for sharing Merlion!
    Looks like a lot of fun.
    I always wanted to try a massive fleet of Blimps, so I'm happy a lot of my old hangared Blimps have been put to good use in your airline :)
    The depth of this game continues to amaze me, and your strategy is a shining example of that!
    My game is tailored to be able to do a bazillion jobs for any global event if I want it, but it lacks diversity.
    The great thing is once you got yourself a big enough amount of plane slots, coins, Bux and a fleet settled, you can change your gameplay entirely if wanted.

4. Batdive

Batdive Member

Dec 21, 2012

Doh those were the droids we we're looking for. Now we are stuck protecting shipments of rubber dog poo and other lame joke items.

Or

I think we took a wrong turn I was suppose to be on a super star destroyer. What is a cloudliner? Was that gate 15 or 16?

5. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    #12065 alyssacroacia, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    Parts Needed

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SEQUOIA-P BODY AND/OR CONTROLS?
    *EDIT: tfrichards92 does! (thanks)*

Howdy. Started this this morning at 5am:

- LA 1 & LA 2 (
    Sequoia-M)
    - NY 1 & NY 2 (
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Sequo[SIZE=2]ia[SIZE=2]-M)
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]- LNDN1 & LNDN2 ([/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Sequo[SIZE=2]ia[SIZE=2]-P & [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Sequo[SIZE=2]ia[SIZE=2]-C)
    [SIZE=2]- HRAN1 [SIZE=2]& HRAN[SIZE=2]2 ([/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Sequo[SIZE=2]ia[SIZE=2]-M)[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    - TKYO1 & TKYO2 (Sequoia-P &
    Sequoia-C)

Each pair of planes is color-coded and named by the C3 city they are to RETURN to (thinking of making roundtrips - ESPECIALLY since I discovered another iOS game called The Blockheads which is like Minecraft which I don't get, but this I get! And I r[SIZE=2]eally [/SIZE]love it!:D[SIZE=2]).

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Since there is currently an [SIZE=2]event[SIZE=2] in LA for the next 11.5hrs[SIZE=2],[SIZE=2][B] FOOTBALL FINALS[/B], each plane is going to deliver[SIZE=2] jobs to LA. And I will advertise LA if I [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]feel the need.

[SIZE=2]A[SIZE=2]nd unless there is an [B]EVENT[/B] in one of the[SIZE=2] five C3 airports I have open,[SIZE=2] 2[SIZE=2] planes, say LA1 & L[SIZE=2]A2 will sit and wait. If LA1 [SIZE=2]has a bux job to [SIZE=2]London[SIZE=2], then I'll patiently fill both planes up with Lo[SIZE=2]ndon jobs [SIZE=2]so [SIZE=2]that they both have the 25% bonus and can fly [SIZE=2]to [and back from] London at the same time.
    [SIZE=2]- if LA2[SIZE=2] has a $9 bux job to Tokyo, [SIZE=2]as tempting as it is, I'll have to ignore it and go[SIZE=2] with London.

[I][SIZE=2]Then again, $9 is m[SIZE=2]ore than however much that London bux job cost...so, instead, maybe I'll [SIZE=2]load that London bux job in LA1, wait, and then when I see the Tokyo bux job in LA2, I'll [SIZE=2]unload the London job(s) and load Tokyo and then [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/I][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]that's [I]where I'll be headed.

[/I][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]425,960 coins at the moment. How many should I get before I start using bux strategy? And should I buy more slots as I can afford them? Or should I gain [SIZE=2]millions of coins [SIZE=2]and then buy a whole bunch of slots?[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

6. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    So cute ! I like the 2nd one more.

Or ... These storm troopers are taking the cloudliner to escape from the super star destroyer and Sarth Vicder. (I don't have the knack of coming up with cute one liners).

I don't know what happened, but the quote of what you wrote is filled with [SIZE] (html tag).

Just want to say: what an early start !!

Very happy to hear that you're hitting the half million coins mark. I'd suggest you buy a couple of plane slots as you go along. More planes => more opportunity to make coins/earn bux. Good time to increase your sequoia fleet.

7. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Just traded 6 Cloudliner for a concorde part.

Now I'm looking for concorde controls since I accidentally sold mine.

8. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Incoming.

I'm at 890k on my way to 1.6mil to buy slot #20, i think and then start the bux collection in shanghai/seoul, RdJ/SP, and go from there as i rty to figure out how to realign my airline...​

9. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Interresting read Merlion, thanks for sharing. Think this could be handy for many of us with limited time on their hands, to still maintain a good income. I will be using this when ever I have those busy periods when I don't get to play as much. Got a good amount of Blimps for the task as well :)

Also, agree with your suggestion on bigger and more expensive planes. Seriously, we need a good cash/bux dump other than converting for coins...

10. echastain1977

echastain1977 Member

Jan 10, 2013
    ATL
    Thanks Castle. I was definitely planning on keeping the coin delivery until i could build up my plane slots and a large pool of coins. Just did not want to buy new planes that really did not fit with what I wanted to do later. SEQ Ms sound like the way to go.

Appreciate the advice!

Mobage- echastain1977

11. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Some funny replies to my image, but the one that literally made me laugh out loud is:
    I laughed because that's one of my favorite Internet memes: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/its-a-trap
    SuperPenguin17, send me a GC friend request and I'll send you the starship engine! :)

Honrable mention goes to:
    That was a very "Far Side"-like caption! They were classics.

Thanks again to all who replied!

12. SuperPenguin17

Jan 6, 2013
    Is "Andrwsc" also your Game Center ID?

13. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Yes!

14. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    almost all my planes in the air (excl. the Bx sitters) with Lima at the center of the world.
    I like these pics :)

Attached Files:

15. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #12075 Faye Valentine, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    Just popping in real quick to say hello. :) Hope everyone is doing well. The Zombie Apocalypse hit my house, or so it feels. Everyone in my house, including myself, is sick with the flu. I have done zilch for the Lima event. Well, I bought Lima, have looked at PP a few times, still trying to close up shop from the Port Elizabeth event, and even paid for Lima advertising a few times ... but I guess I never got around to sending any jobs to Lima :cool: ... cuz I can still see the Top 10:

1. 2,981 North
    2. 2,499 Number1Ump
    3. 1,999 Nokitano
    4. 1,984 ???
    5. 1,279 ???
    6. 1,260 Copper metallic
    7. 1,183 Vic
    8. 1,044 Gus
    9. 915 Boomer
    10. 785 Andrwsc

Nice numbers in the Top 10!! :D
    Er... I don't think I'll be able to catch up in the next day and a half. :cool:
    But I'll try to fling a few planes later (maybe tomorrow) if I'm feeling better.

Eeeps!!! So sorry about that Aly. That's one of the games my daughter plays. If it's an in-game feature, she may send out gifts/notices to whoever shows up on the list and she has even posted to my Facebook on occasion. :cool:

Welcome!!!

I'm sure some others have already answered your questions.

I'd dump the PearJet and keep the AeroEagles. At this stage of the game, you will want to put more focus on building up coins and bux. (Pearjets are more expensive to run)

If you swap Istanbul for Tehran, then your AeroEagles can do something like: London/Paris <> Tehran <> Shanghai/Beijing.

Elongating your route will give you higher paying jobs.
    (You can switch back to Istanbul when you reach a higher level and have Sequoias/Cyclones with greater reach to Asia)

I wish I could help you out with some planes, unfortunately I'm on GC. Check the spreadsheet, maybe you can find some other Android players who can help.

No need to send my anything.
    The only thing I'm looking for are Mapples cuz I can't buy them from iPhone (grumble grumble) ... and Concorde body/controls, but no rush on this cuz I can wait for the next few Concorde events, gives me something to look forward to. :D

I must have missed your earlier post. Interesting. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to start over from scratch, I vaguely recall how slow going those pre-level-20 days were, just grinding through jobs to build up cash. Although the idea of starting over in Australia sounds like a good challenge.

WOW! Full assault on Lima... bet it won't be too long before you start breathing down North's neck. :D

16. tfrichards92

Dec 10, 2012
    that's just crazy.. and yet somehow realistic.

17. tfrichards92

Dec 10, 2012
    sent body

18. SuperPenguin17

Jan 6, 2013
    I have an extra concord engine.

I'd prefer to get body or controls if someone has those. But I will look at any offer.

19. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    thank you, tfrichards92, for the parts! I now have a complete double-fleet of 10 Sequoias! :)

20. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    I would love to have seen that when that volcano in Iceland erupted and grounded pretty much everything north of the Alps.

Also, I love how Nimblebit see no problems with cross-dressing (see the two going to LA):

Attached Files: