Anyone here have an iPhone 4, and not in the US?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kiranb28, Jul 17, 2010.

1. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Asking because I need to know how exactly the iPhone 4 would function. I've never owned one before (currently have an iPod Touch 3G) and am not living in the US. My uncle got one from the states as a gift but am unsure if it's worth opening right now?

To those of you who do have iPhone 4's and are out of country - are you able to use the device as a regular iPod without cellular network/capabilities, or is the phone completely unusable until you activate it with a Carrier? Would like to know if I can game on it / listen to music / use WiFi, etc...

2. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    #2 Therealtrebitsch, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
    If you want to use it just like an ipod, you can do it, but maybe you have to put a simcard into it. I don't know exactly. I am lazy to take out the simcard from my phone, because Apple managed it to do it as hard as possible needing a needle for it.

When I have put a simcard from a different country into my carrier locked 3G, I could use it, but I couldn't phone.

3. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    Hi there buddy! I have an iPhone 4 and have used it overseas on several occasions. Yep, you're quite right, if you remove the Micro SIM, you can simply use your iPhone 4 just like a regular iPod Touch. You can access all your games, WiFi and email etc; you'll just miss out on phonecalls, 3G internet and SMS. hope this helps?