Looking for feedback/impressions on my app icon, description and screenshots

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Appvism, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Appvism

Appvism Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    Hi all,

I've just released my new game called Switch on iTunes today and I wanted to ask you guys what are you first impressions upon viewing the iTunes page for it? - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/switch-dodge-and-destroy/id702533973?ls=1&mt=8

What do you think of the App icon, text description and image screenshots? Do you think its clear and help sell the game? Do you think the non support for Game Center will have a large impact on the game? Anything else?

Interested to get your thoughts and opinions, so thank you!

Cheers,

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I think you need a free version or you are going to struggle.

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    If your game is score chaser/ score based game. Game Center leaderboard is definitely a must, especially if this game is endless/ arcade game. It'll give your game higher replay value. Good luck with your game. :)

4. Rasterman

Rasterman Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    Your description is good, the screenshots are good too, but just from the screenshots I have absolutely no idea how to play the game or what it is, its quite confusing. This seems like an important thing to fix as I would guess most people don't read the description, and your screenshots don't make me want to read the description. The icon is clear but boring.

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Am I right that the gameplay is like a ball that you move up and down to avoid large obstacle which are coloured balls as the screen scrolls along horizontally, but if they colour of your ball is the same as one of the obstacles then you can pass through it safely?

Makes me think of colours of zen in a runner style and I would actually purchase it if I dint have a bunch of untried stuff as it sounds good. I have added it to my watchlist though for when I'll be able to play.

Like others have said the icon is clear but it doesn't really stand out from the rest. A demo of a few levels might be a good idea.

The game centre thing has no bearing on my choices of purchases but I know its important to a lot of people, especially if it's a score chasing type game.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I do like minimal looking graphics etc but sorry but i find the app icon quite dull and for a lot of games i'll take a quick look at the screenshots and if i dont like the look of them i'll move on

The backgrounds remind me of my parents old wallpaper from the 1970's !

Not bothered about game centre one bit so that doesnt affect me. I do like retro style graphics but these ones look a bit too basic. I would prefer neon/vector style graphics as then you'll attract the retro crowd with simple graphics

But the ones used, not a fan (sorry)

7. Appvism

Appvism Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    Thanks for all your input guys, i appreciate it - one or two comments here have given me some food for thought..

Cheers,