Rimelands: Hammer of Thor- HELP

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kip winger, Sep 7, 2010.

1. kip winger

kip winger New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Hi,

I hope someone can help... Somehow I am stuck. I am not sure if it is a glitch or a bug. Perhaps I am missing something.

I am at the Nornhill stage at the moment. There are 2 dungeons. One east and one in the far end. I have completed the one (east) and now entered the one at the far end. There are 3 doors. All locked. I just cant't find any keys. I have traveled back and forth to Asgard... no key there. I can't get in to any other dungeons so I am stuck with these two locations.

Also in the quest section I read I should brig the artifact back to grandma. I have looked I don't have any artifact on me... And when I approach grandma she tells me if I shouldn't be scavenging some dreadful dumpster already..

Please if someone can help? I really enjoy playing this game!

Thanks!

2. dicework

dicework Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Game Developer
    Finland
    There's a valve in the room that can be used. Move next to it and one of the arrows should turn into a use one (with a hand symbol).

3. potatoboy

potatoboy New Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Infiltrate Hermann's Base

I'm currently on the mission "Infiltrate Hermann's Base" where I am supposed to avoid detection. Unfortunately, I was detected by a undefeatable soldier and hoping to run away, and managed to have him blocking the entrance to the base. I can't kill him in anyway, I try going out and go back in, he's standing there blocking the way. I tried dying and reload, end up in the same spot. I go back out the base, but cannot go back to the level map. Totally stuck!

What can I do? Anyone help? Thanks in advance!

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I totally missed this too the first time. The switch is a brown color which blends in with the rest of the room. Is there a way you could lighten this or make it more obvious for players?

5. Sanjuro333

Sanjuro333 Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Systems Developer
    California
    Finnesburg cleared bug

I've found a bug with the Finnesburg quest.

Cleared Floor 1, then went down to Floor 2. Then decided to return to Asgard to get some healing potions. When I tried to travel back to Finnesburg, the icon is greyed out and says that Finnesburg was cleared.

Looks like I can never complete that quest now?

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    ouch i just finished the 3 dungeons quest and now i cant load my saved game any longer. ive tried every type of restarting and etc and it just stays on "loading" for an unbounded amount of time. I've waited for 5 minutes multiple times but it just won't load..

7. FaustWolf

FaustWolf Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    #7 FaustWolf, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
    I got Sanjuro's Finnesburg bug just now. Cleared floors 2 and 3, went back to Asgard to buy a ton of potions, and now can't return to Finnesburg (icon grayed out). The quest is still on the list though.

-Note: This is before finishing the Norn quests, BTW -- trying to play out of order a bit.

8. BDTech

BDTech Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    This isn't just a problem with Finnesburg. I had the game crash on me as early as just after getting the 3rd map piece. Now Granma says to go to Alfheim to get the map piece only it isn't there anymore. Can't advance.

So I started a brand new game. Went through until Granma's convoy. When I loaded the convoy location I accidentally went back to the world map just 2 seconds after I arrived. Now it shows the convoy map as cleared and I can't advance in this game.

Emailed support on the first one and haven't heard back. That was about 4 days ago. Very disappointed and can't recommend this game until there is a fix.

They should fix their save function to allow either multiple versions of the same game or if a quest item is not in the inventory a quest should never move to Cleared status.

9. klawful

klawful New Member

Oct 19, 2010
    #9 klawful, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
    Same problem here. Entered Convoy map, left and now shows cleared.

Very cool game up until this point. Hope the bug gets resolved.

*edit:

That was quick--must have caught Crescent Moon at a good time for email response. Sent a message a few minutes ago and got a reply that the issue has been "forwarded to the team".

We'll see what shakes out...

10. kittenrogue

kittenrogue Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I'm having the same bug as backtothis -- my saved game won't load... it just says "loading" endlessly, and/or will spontaneously quit the app. I can't remember where I was in the game, but I felt like I was very near the end -- I was in mountains where I believe the Hammer of Thor is, and there is a perpetual lightning storm.

11. Andrew_j

Andrew_j Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Dear Developer Team

I have this same problem as described by klawful with Convoy quest. this made game unplayable. as klawful post is almost month old I was wondering if there is any solution for this problem.

Thank you in advance for reply, can't wait to play further.

12. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I defeat the last boss and I can't continue...what I have to do now with Hammer of Thor? Crushing my head?

13. grinmax

grinmax New Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Outside Thundervault

Same problem with the final boss. I won? But can't go back?

14. arakasi

arakasi New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I'm stuck on the "Free Titania" quest. I go into the Asgard Vault, some guy tells me to come back later, no matter how many times I go back. All the other quest locations on the map show gray/completed. I've tried talking to everyone in both towns. Stumped.:confused:

15. Torn

Torn Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Also stuck after last boss. Nothing happens... is the game unfinished??

16. Frej444

Frej444 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Exact same. Game just stops. Really bad ending i have to say..

17. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    yea me too. this game totally sucks, too many bugs and the dev never fixes it or even response in the tread:mad:

18. Frej444

Frej444 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    The game is great, the support... Well i agree, they haven't been the most of helpful.

19. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    the game sucks because of the support:D

gameplay is innovative and great:D

20. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Yea, I've come to realize they'd much rather pour all their effort into a new game and get that gamer cash, than release a fix for their broken game. I'm sure the patch is on the way, it will just arrive long after anybody gives a shit. They'll be to busy playing Aralon :/ FFS.