Mirror's Edge and Mirror's Edge HD ---> FREE!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by nfong, Dec 9, 2011.

1. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011

Mirror's Edge™

DON’T LOOK BACK! Made to maximize the visual intensity of the iPhone 4 Retina Display, get the cutting edge in adrenalin…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    DON’T LOOK BACK! Made to maximize the visual intensity of the iPhone 4 Retina Display, get the cutting edge in adrenaline-driven gameplay on the App Store™! One of the most eagerly anticipated action games of the year, the Mirror’s Edge experience for iPhone® & iPod touch® will leave you breathless!

ENTER THE WORLD OF MIRROR’S EDGE
    True to the tradition that has made Mirror’s Edge a fan favorite around the world, immerse yourself in the world of Faith Connors – an underground “Runner” who bolts into action to stop a deadly threat in a “perfect society” full of sinister surveillance and relentless pursuers.

EXPERIENCE BREATHTAKING VISUAL POWER
    Envisioned for the iPhone 4 Retina Display and iOS 4, the vivid HD quality delivers stunning visual clarity as you pound through a graphically rich cityscape flooded with realistic sounds, a pulsating soundtrack, and dynamic camera angles. You’ve never seen or felt a game for iPhone & iPod touch quite like this.

ONCE YOU BECOME A RUNNER, THERE’S NO LOOKING BACK
    Run up walls, slide down ramps, ride zip lines, and hurdle between rooftops as you burn through 14 levels of increasing intensity in single-player combat mode. Think fast on your feet, engage in furious hand-to-hand combat, elude your enemies, and push yourself to the very edge.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
    Privacy and Cookie Policy: http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
    Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
    Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Important Consumer Information. This app: Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data through third party analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details).
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Sep 02, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (10)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Mirror's Edge™ for iPad

“With crisp visuals and sharp gameplay, you dear Mirror's Edge are the fairest iPad launch game of them all.” – Tracy Er…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $9.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    “With crisp visuals and sharp gameplay, you dear Mirror's Edge are the fairest iPad launch game of them all.” – Tracy Erickson, PocketGamer.com

“Mirror’s Edge is not just one of the top launch games for the iPad, it’s also a damn fine game, period.” – Levi Buchanan, IGN.com

EXPERIENCE THE WORLD OF MIRROR’S EDGE
    Grab hold of the cutting-edge gaming power of your iPad as you bolt into action as Faith Connors – an underground “Runner” who must stop a deadly threat in a “perfect society” full of sinister surveillance and relentless pursuers.

RACE HEAD-TO-HEAD VS. FRIENDS
    Using the incredible split-screen interface, challenge friends on time and tactics in 2 Multiplayer modes. Outrun them with the fastest time in Race Maps, or outmaneuver them on a city hunt to uncover secret packages embedded in multiple Rival Maps.

SIGHT, SOUND & ACTION TAKE A LEAP FORWARD
    See and feel the iPad difference as you run up walls, slide down ramps, ride zip lines, and hurdle between rooftops. Pound through a visually stunning HD cityscape flooded with realistic sounds, a pulsating soundtrack, and dynamic camera angles.

14 LEVELS OF INCREASING INTENSITY
    In single-player campaign mode, think fast on your feet, engage in furious hand-to-hand combat, elude your enemies, and push yourself to the very edge. Mirror’s Edge on iPad puts it all out there. Once you experience it, you won’t look back.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
    Privacy and Cookie Policy: http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
    Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
    Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Important Consumer Information. This app: Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data through third party analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details).
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Apr 01, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (10)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

This is probably the best free EA game offered so far.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's an awesome game on the iPad. The same-device multiplayer really shines.

3. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    EA's best game, came out a while ago, and they still haven't topped it. Really good deal, though happy i didn't wait this long.

4. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lol, I'd dare say Dead Space is quite the better game. Opinions, meh.

5. Wow I love December.

6. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Thanks getting it now!

weird the offer doesn't show up on that ea daily deals website.

7. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Whoa, very nice.

8. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Sweet! Awesome freebie! I'd been seriously looking at this one but decided to wait. Looks like I made a good move! Hope this game's awesome! (also I personally think EA makes the best sports games available on iOS, and those are some of their best imo)

9. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Too bad Gameloft will never follow suit :p
    They'll just continue making their freemiums, eh?

10. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Both are great, and have similar levels of polish, and i may even say Dead Space is better in a few areas(narrative especially, Mirror's Edge flip flops when telling its story ala big blocks of scrolling text), but i still vastly prefer going back and playing Mirror's Edge. It feels like an IOS title, and the time trial/arcade gameplay fits very well in my hands. Where-as Dead Space feels like a console game watered down ever so slightly, that it leaves a bad after taste in the mouth. Don't get me wrong, Dead Space is wonderfully done, has great UI and controls, and looks great: for an iPhone game, but that's the problem. It can be so much better on other systems--I don't feel the same way about Mirror's Edge. When I play Dead Space, I see holes, and problems because I have to compare it to the other games. Mirror's Edge however feels very cohesive and natural on the system, even when standing next to its PC/console counterpart.

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yeah, fair enough. It fits the platform. Lol, my favorite part is still the multiplayer on the iPad version. Racing my bro, gf, etc. is a ton of fun. I actually thought this was a lot older than Dead Space, but it's only four-five months older.

12. AlienSEX

AlienSEX Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    always wanted this game, but a look at the date it last updated was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in dec 2010.

well i'm not a 'free loader'.
    i've bought 4 apps from iTunes this week alone.

But Mirror's Edge really deserves an update or a sequel from the lazy EA.

Luckily its free for both version now.

13. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    The way I see it, why does it need an update? It works and is fun, you want more content for a game EA doesn't make money off of? Ain't happenin.

Great freebie, having quite a bit of fun with it!

14. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Huh? What needs to be "updated"?

15. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    At the end of the day, Mirror's Edge on the iOS is not the glorious adrenaline pumping (semi?)free roaming 1st person parkour game that its PC counterpart is while the gameplay in Dead Space is more or less a clone of the original console game.

I remember being very disappointed when I picked up Mirror's Edge on my iPad only to find out that it is a 2d-ish platformer.

16. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden

You didn't even look at the screenshots before pressing the buy button? At the end of the day Mirrors Edge on iOS complements its bigger brother really well. And more important works on iOS (unlike the console version would have).

17. AlienSEX

AlienSEX Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011

Bet you two never read carefully into what i wrote.
    Btw if you want to know why i didn't buy this game earlier, or what needs to be updated, you just need to check for the answers at the Mirror's Edge reviews section from the Appstore.

18. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Nah. Ive played it. 3GS and up. Works just fine!

19. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    I don't see what you were implying in your first post, mind explaining?

Most of the iTunes reviews say "boring" have you tried it yet? If not, then don't go by what iTunes reviewers say. You and I both know that they can't be trusted most of the time.

20. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    I'm just glad the usually greedy people at EA didn't ruin this game with iAPs like they've done with the recent new version of Tetris.