Tetris anyone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Valmont, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Valmont

Valmont Active Member

Oct 24, 2008
    So has anyone played or bought tetris for the iphone? I know its expensive but I love that game. Just wondering how good it was on the iphone having to play it the touch mechanics and if that got in the way of playing it. Seems like it could be cumbersome to me, but then again, Im so used to playing it with a D-pad and buttons.

2. Rockey04

Rockey04 Well-Known Member

Tris

Tris is awesome!!! Too bad the Tetris Company treated to sue them if it wasn't removed. The funny thing is they said nothing to EA.

3. BlueGenome

BlueGenome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Tetris was my first app for the iPhone and I strongly recommend the app to any tetris fan. Its very well done (& pretty) and the touch controls work flawlessly.

4. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Tetris is a really well done app. And for 10bucks you could almost call it a steal if you play it enough

5. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    EA's Tetris is one of my favorite games to play on my iPod... Beautifully done.

The only thing I would change is maybe some sort of classic mode, with the classic music on it.

6. Magnulus

Magnulus Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Student + Barista
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I used to have Tetris on my Video iPod until it was stolen... It was pretty cool, yeah, but when they have the rights for the game, shouldn't they at least have that absolutely DELICIOUS music that was in the Gameboy original? I mean, that stuff was WAY more classic than the Mario music!

Dam! Da-rah-ram, da-rah-ram, da-rah-RAM, da-ra-ram da-ram-dam dam-dam-dam!

7. Valmont

Valmont Active Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Thanks for the replies, good to hear that the controls work well. But man, no original music? I absolutely LOVE that track.

8. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Yea thats a real downside to the game.

9. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    Yeah I got Tris before it was pulled. Liked it A LOT better than Tetris which I paid $10 for. There have been some updates since, but I never play it now.

10. Magnulus

Magnulus Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Student + Barista
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Oh, you mean that cheap clone of the REAL Tetris?! Real Tetris, my bee-hind!

11. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

I too have Tris, and it's decent but compared to Tetris it falls way short. Tetris is a superbly polished game, only lacking the original music.
    I love the Magic game with the add-ons.

12. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    EA was probably licensed to make the game.

13. charlierby

charlierby Active Member

Feb 5, 2009
    For those of you who are looking for a little extra twist, check out iPentris - it's a base-5 variant:

iTunes Link

There is also a lite version available.