iOS Game Controllers, iPad 5, Apple TV

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ibMurph, Sep 24, 2013.

1. ibMurph

ibMurph Active Member

Sep 24, 2013
    I'm sorry if this has already been discussed to great lengths elsewhere, but this is my first time posting on the forums here.

A lot of people were wondering why Apple didn't touch on the new Controllers along with a refreshed Apple TV at the last event, but to me it just makes more sense to have this all showcased at an iPad unveiling instead. I mean, not many people out there would use a controller to play a game through their iPhone, the screen is simply too small (though streaming through an Apple TV would obviously work). But myself personally, I've been waiting and wishing for a controller to play through my iPad. Sure, the screen is not nearly as ideal as the one my X-Box is hooked up to, but it works.

And once again, Apple TV! I doubt that the one I've got now (the newest) will be updated with software to support an App Store, but it would be absolutely shocking if the next version doesn't come loaded with iOS 7 and a way for me to play Bastion right from through it, without having to mirror my iPhone or iPad.

I'm hoping the next event, tentatively October 15th, will make my hopes and wishes come true. First, they discuss the new line of iPads, which segues into talk of the iOS 7 supported controllers, bringing us around to the under hyped but amazing new Apple TV, a $100 multimedia device that will get the attention of game developers and start bringing more AAA titles to the App Store. It just makes perfect sense to me.

Do you agree, thoughts?

2. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    No. Tim Cook said he is not in the junk business. Returns on gaming consoles are too low for him to bother.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I must admit i would love to be able to play my apps on my Apple TV. Its a great device, would love to see this happen.

Perhaps once all the controllers are announced in the next month (Rumoured to be early Oct) there'll be a new Apple TV ?

4. The Apple TV 4 is rumoured to be releasing in a month.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Really looking forward to that, would love it if somehow you could play any of your apps through it.

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    If this turns out to be true, and I had already expressed why not previously, it will be a day one purchase for me if Valve ports Counter Strike over.