Best 'offline' tcg/ccg

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RLennon, Jun 3, 2016.

1. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Long story short, my job has awful wifi. When on break, I would like to play a few rounds of a solid tcg/ccg.

What are my best options for these types of games that don't require persistent online access? I am playing Lost Portal, and I like it a lot. Just wondering what other options are out there. Thanks!

Rob

2. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Hmmm. Card crawl is cool. Not really a CCG, but if you like the theme.

3. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I was coming here to recommend Lost Portal :)

Spectromancer is another one. And Dream Quest is a great game as well if you can get past the deceptively simple graphics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Lost portal is definately one of if not the best for offline CCG, which is a little strange because it's only a recent release.

There is also Spellcraft, Card city nights, and calculords, and orions 2.

Shadow era is intended for online but it allows offline, though you won't earn gold.

when compared to MTG, offline CCG's on IOS leave a little bit to be desired, but collectively there is some descent options, though all have their individual take and style.

You should also check out "deck builders" which are a bit different in the game mechanic in that you build your deck up in each and every game. You should check out ascension, star realms, penny arcade, dominion and Xenoshyft. And when Pathfinder Adventures comes to iPhone, that should be your go to game.