Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Count me in, too! It will be like a gem shower :D!

LB! You got your Emerald?! WTG! Just in the nick of time!
    Hooked & Andy- sending Emerald vibes and luck to you. You've just GOT to get at least one!!! :eek:

2. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Another 24 hr timer & also a 48 hr:mad::mad: I guess my chances for a second Emerald at this point is slim.:( Oh well, at least I have one.....

3. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Thanks!:)

4. fazstp

fazstp Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Damn. I didn't realise it was only available for a limited time.

5. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So thoughtful

Thank you to all for the gems and the good vibes. Still nothing! I have worked so hard to save my gems and not speed things up it feels so frivolous to use them. Oh well. I guess this is what I was saving them for. Thank you for being so supportive. Good luck to all.

6. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Omg!!!!! I tried what several people have used for success and named my new Crystal Lucky and my new Lichen Emerald and it worked!!!! And I still have some hair left after weeks of pulling it out lol! Thank you all for your words of encouragement (and LB for the name Lucky).
    Really hope Hooked, Allanon and anyone else still missing it, get their Emeralds now, good luck!!!

7. fazstp

fazstp Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Hey I got a 1 day 7 hour going in my breeding island. I take it that's the Emerald? Can I let it take it's time or do I have to hatch it before the deadline?

8. LBryanDLC

Feb 28, 2012
    That's it, the magic 31 hr timer! You can let it take it's time...it doesn't have to hatch before the deadline, you just have to have the egg by then.:)

9. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    You are very welcome hooked.....it's cause we really care and so badly WANT you to have your Emerald too :(:(:(
    Can you re name yours Lucky and Emerald too....please?
    Wish there was more we could do to help you lovely....but it's just gotta happen for you!!!!!
    Would gladly give you all 6 of my gems seeing as LB and Andy FINALLY have theirs cooking xx

10. LBryanDLC

Feb 28, 2012
    Congrats!!! Glad your "Lucky" worked for you as well...didn't even think of naming one of the dragons "Emerald".;)

Wishing continued good luck for everyone else.:)

11. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Congratulations Andy.....great to hear ;)

12. LBryanDLC

Feb 28, 2012
    We'll all be using dragons next month named "Lucky" and "Pearl".:)

13. fazstp

fazstp Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Cool, thanks.

Phew. Glad I read about the deadline. I got sick of trying and was going to come back to it later.

14. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Congrats Andy! I just read the good news, sooo happy for you and LB too! Wish I'd know it was as easy as naming them Lucky and Emerald. C'mon Hooked and Allanon, get those Ems!

15. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Only 24h left to get the emerald!
    I can't stress enough, USE YOUR NEW CRYSTAL DRAGONS!
    Honestly, DO NOT SELL OR DISPLAY THEM!

Hatch them, level it up to 15 ASAP and breed it with an old fawn.

Then put lv 15 fawn in the first slot, 15 crystal in the second slot..

I'm sure that's the highest chance you have at getting one..

At first I used my old crystal and a mixture of old and new fawns..I didn't get an emerald for ages..then I got a 24 hr timer I was like damnnnnitt
    But then when it hatched I did crystal and my older fawn and BAM emerald.
    Then that same couple never worked again, I bred several times with the 2 crystals and 2 fawns..it seems like each crystal dragon has the power to produce one emerald dragon only or something...

Cause after another heap of fails, I got a new crystal again, and again, first go- emerald..

Then after that I didn't really care much if I got another emerald or jot so I got lazy and started selling my crystal fails or displaying them..
    Then since today is the last day I was like..hmm I'll just try my new crystal dragon for kicks and giggles..and BAM again - emerald..

The only 3 times I received an emerald dragon were from brand new virgin crustal dragons..and I'm seriously wondering if backflip has made it that way on purpose.. You know how virgins are supposed to be all pure n sh*t..well maybe thats why they did this..you need the rare beautiful virgin crystal dragon who still has her magical virginity who will magically produce you ONE EMERALD..but then once her virginity has been popped she is no longer pure and beautiful..shes as loose as the town bicycle now..she will produce no more emeralds!

That's my conspiracy theory anyway..

So if your getting despo and you don't have an emerald yet I would STRONGLY suggest trying this.. Has worked for me first to every time I've had a new crystal..wish I didn't sell off those other crystals now so I could have conducted some research to see if it is true..but so far so good!
    I'm sure it's not 100% but for me it has been..think you need to find a compatible fawn drain though maybe..otherwise it wouldnt be very rare if the odds were "every new crystal dragon produces an emerald immediately"
    I bet the catch is that, but also there's probably a few types of fawn dragons, group A B C..and maybe you also need the crystal dragon to be in group C

Who knows..but definitely give it a try

16. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Ugh. Unbelievable. I got an emerald reasonably quickly, and kept breeding after, because I thought the egg was much prettier than the actual dragon, and wanted to display one. Of COURSE, I get two 48-hour fails right at the last moment, so now it's not possible at all. :-( There's not even any silver lining for me, as I have all the suns, moons, and rainbows I could ever need.

17. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Congrats fazstp....
    Here's a good hint to help with breeding times......it can be a bit confusing with the way BS show it in the breeding caves

As soon as you breed your dragons, check the timer and also the gem amount required to speed up the breeding.
    Example for the emerald it would have said 31 gems are required to speed up (finish) breeding...as long as you check straight away, it's a no fail way of knowing the breeding time straight up

I got caught out once...misread the time and thought I was breeding a rainbow dragon (before the days of sun/moon), well it was a crystal (DOH) :rolleyes:

18. apple-byte

apple-byte Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Germany
    #4538 apple-byte, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    i don't think that it matters
    - on which side you put your dragons
    - which level they are
    - if they are new
    - which name they have

i believe on what i see and read since i play DV, that it is coincidence and luck, which dragon you get with the combo you use - there are different possible results with different levels of frequency and the generator software on their server desides the result at the moment of starting breeding

it is funny to see what stories some people create around this lottery

and where did we read that the emerald will only be available until today - i think the pearl will appear tomorrow and the emerald will be available till June 17th

19. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Yea!!!! So happy for you!!

20. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    What's a fawn?