iPad Planet Wars by Colepowered (tactical team based shooter + TD?)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gunxsword, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    Bought this and i'ts definitely enjoyable, but I am piping in on the "needs better controls". Personally I'd like to see dual sticks but I could live with a d-pad.

2. new patch out

Hi folks,

I'd just like to add I've released an update to planet wars that corporates some of your suggestions and also fixes a lot of problems.

The game now has dual virtual stick control options, as well as the original options (and also a stick-to-move, touch-to-fire control option if you want to mix n match :) ).

I also fixed the game freezes that were a large problem in the last version, and the aliens that got stuck and wouldn't die.

I'll carry on listening to suggests and if possible implement them in future versions.

3. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    New control method is much better!

But, now that controls and bugs are ironed out, I think level 7 needs some tweaking... It's just too long and hard as a result of the length. I don't mind surviving but surviving waves of enemy onslaught for 6 minutes feels too long. Shortening it to like 4 minutes would be nice.

4. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    where was this game when i had a buck to spend on the first random thing that appeared? D: (bought Jewel Fighter with it)

Once I get a new card, I'll buy this game since reading the comments seems it's a good game that deserves the money... added to my wish list... for now...

5. Ok, I'll see what I can do about this in the next update.

6. Update 1.3

Hi everybody.

Just to let you know I've recently released a huge update for planet wars that pretty much revamps the entire game. Increased resolution, all new sounds, some re-done graphics, a new level. Plus loads of fixes. Complete changelog here: http://colepowered.com/?p=2066

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Planet Wars is currently free for the first time since release; great time to check it out if you haven't. :)

8. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Wicked game... Stumbled across this today and love it. Reading back through this thread apparently there was some control issues(?) They must've been fixed cause the (updated) default duel stick controls I used worked perfectly. Somebody also mentioned iap, the current method of iap used is the perfect kind in my opinion, all non consumable and NOTHING that's needed to complete the game at all. Just things like 'earn double coins' or unlock all weapons' which some people might like, and others can choose to completely ignore them and play the game as it was intended to be played (by unlocking weapon parts progressively as you play) which is the reason we continue to play and come back to a good game time and time again anyway, right? For the sense of progression and the tease of 'I'll play a bit more then I'll have enough to buy that, oh and that too'. I just wanted to hopefully clarify a few things in case anyone else was turned off from reading earlier posts as it'd be a shame if this didn't get the attention it deserves. Hope this helps a little.

Jack

9. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
  10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    and staying free, apparently...

too bad I didn't have the game installed before the update hit... gonna have to keep a backup of the previous version on my PC (because of the extra currency, not because of added ads - I haven't seen any, just to be clear)... =oP

11. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Its now on Xbox 360 indie games. Congrats dev.

12. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Updated with ad removal and 64 bit support among other things.

I've always liked this game and I'm glad it gets to stay around. I bought it during my first few years of iOS gaming so I guess there's a little bit of nostalgia involved. Thanks Cole for showing a bit of love to an old favourite.