DS Effects-Worst Dev Ever?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SLDROFHLA, Oct 26, 2008.

1. SLDROFHLA

SLDROFHLA Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I am tired of DS Effects putting needless apps up. They are the ones with about 20 virtual pets and then really dumb fighting games with just left/right and an attack button. How do you feel about them?

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Agree

I completely agree with you. They are truuhuuuuhly useless, and I have no idea why they are still there. I don't know about anybody who like virtual pets. And I certainly won't pay .99 cents for it. it just takes up space when you are looking for other games. :mad:

3. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Suck it DS Effects!!!

Well earlier (in the past few days), there was a topic saying that Pangaea is the worst. HECK NO!!! DS Effects just flat out sucks. They have been around since the age of the ipod touch web apps, so basically all of these "pointless" apps you're seeing is their lame attempt to make some dough by porting their web apps to the app store and putting price tags on them. Idiots... :mad:

4. networkman

networkman Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    toronto, canada
    I must agree!

5. SLDROFHLA

Oct 23, 2008
    Yeah, I read that. Pangea has quality games and I don't get how that person could say that they were the worst(that includes that they were worse than DS Effects and gasp, AAAplications, papi ripper-offer!) I hate DS Effects! Get them off!

6. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Ban 'em

Agreed! Ban them from the AppStore! Wait, can they do that?

7. SLDROFHLA

Oct 23, 2008
    did they ban tris or did they just threaten to sue? I know they took papilander off voluntarily, but some other AAAplications apps are gone too. Good question

8. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Tris was legally threatened not banned. But DS Effects doesn't deserve to be on the AppStore!

9. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Has anyone ever tried DS Effects' games online? There're much worse than you probably think.

10. SLDROFHLA

Oct 23, 2008
    What's their website? I want to see for myself because I refuse to spend money on their apps.

11. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    What's up with people copying my threads?... Anyways, the whole Pangea thang was about them not listening to their customers' demands and abuse of price drops (tho we all came to an agreement about that later on). As far as DS Effects, well, i'm sure that they listen to their customers, at least they would if they had any...

12. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Let me count...

I bet that I could count the number of their customers on my right hand. :p

13. hexen

hexen Member

Jul 17, 2008
    DS Effects actually makes me angry, lol. I honestly don't know how they get away with putting such garbage on the app store. I feel really bad for anyone that's spent money on their trash as you can tell just from the screenshots how bad the games are.

It's almost like they deliberately try and make their games look as bad as possible - with horrible low-res graphics (just look at those backgrounds!!) - what the hell is that about?

Apple really should of thought about putting some quality control measures in place before opening the App store to stop people like DS Effects and their never-ending supply of cr*p games!

14. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    If you think about it, having quality control would have prevented games like Papijump, which everyone seems so obsessed with, from entering the store. There's always the chance that camp value will come into play and something will start selling. DS Effects is just plain horrible though. There is no redeeming value to their apps.

15. SLDROFHLA

Oct 23, 2008
    #15 SLDROFHLA, Oct 27, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
    I don't agree. Apple could have definitely told the difference between an addicting simple game(papi) and a stupid simple game(all of the DS Effects) if there were higher standards. Why do they let them through? Maybe we could file a complaint with Apple to remove them as we did with PapiLander and AAAplications. What do you think?

Touch Arcade:Fighting for Ethics in the App Store

16. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Why? It's not harming anyone is it?

17. SLDROFHLA

Oct 23, 2008
    True, but think about this: DS Effects have 30 apps as of now. If you look you can separate them into 2 groups: virtual pets and fighting games. They only wrote 2 pieces of code and just put different animals into the codes. They can keep 1 virtual pet and 1 fighting app in my opinion and that's it.

18. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    How in the world would Apple tell the diff? As far as i know they dont even test new apps or else crap like I'mRich would've never existed...As far as the whole "let's complain" speech, I'm gonna tell you what a great and wise man once told me: one person cannot make a difference.

19. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Well, when you put it like that, it is pretty poor... I'll let you take care of it tho, while I work on starving kids in Africa ;)

20. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Why would you want to starve kids in Africa? I think they have it bad enough already. You should be helping starving kids in Africa, I think. That seems like the better plan.