What's with the 12 hour dead zone on the app store?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by sizzlakalonji, Jan 11, 2010.

1. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I know Sundays are slow, but jeez, what's the deal? No updates on any of my apps, no new games, no nothin'. There aren't even any Kiwis announcing new games in NZ for the rest of us to look forward to. Is this a calm before a storm, or just a slow time? Thoughts, ideas, inside info?

2. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI

Wow, I was wondering the same exact thing.

Out of my 1205 games, I have barely had updates either.
    I have been looking all morning for a quote after a game with the letters [NZ].

There are so many games I am waiting for. Apple is approving games at a Lightning fast record rate, yet nobody is submitting anything to take advantage of it. Publishers are holding certain games that are finished to meet specific release dates.

I know my iPod addiction is out of hand, but my withdrawal is kicking in. Someone, please form an intervention team and help me out here.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
  4. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Updates have to be approved.... And although it may not seem like it, the approval team at Apple needs to get some sleep, too. (They probably still don't get enough, seeing as there are so many questionable games that slip by their approval process. "Fap Counter", anyone?:rolleyes:)

5. supermariofan

supermariofan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Well Apple is only faster because theres less to approve. If more devs were to submit now, there'd be more apps to approve, less apps would be approved per day, and therefore Apple would seem slow again. It's elementary, Watson!