L.A.S.W Help...?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TehProbe, Jun 23, 2010.

1. TehProbe

TehProbe Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Alright so I just installed lasw and I opened it, and played a few games And loved it. I just now realized I can change maps and terrain. So I was obviously excited to change the maps from the default Continental Grassland. I tried changing it, but when I started the match, it was stll Continental Grassland... I tried changing maps and terrain and nothing happened. What's wrong?! I really want to change maps...

2. Rannoc

Rannoc Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    I think this is a known bug,
    This is what I think you can try to do (not gaurenteed to work)
    If you have an incomplete game, load it up and surrender/end the game, after you leave that game, if it still says you have an incomplete game, close/reopen the app. Then there should be no more incomplete games, then I think you can change the terrain/mutator/everything else.
    That's what happened to me before, so this is all I know to do.

3. TehProbe

TehProbe Member

Jun 23, 2010
    I just tried that, and it still loads the map on Continental Grassland. I just realized though, that everything else, I can change. The map size, credits to start with, Tech Level to start with... Everything.

4. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    No idea if this would work but you could try deleting the app and reinstalling?

5. TehProbe

TehProbe Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Ah, I've already tried that too... Dang it, I really want to change maps, otherwise it just gets boring...

6. hhhh

hhhh Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    United States
    Firstly, its random, so it never gets boring :)

I would try restarting iphone or ipod, then reinstalling the app.

7. TehProbe

TehProbe Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Well, the default continental grassland presets may have a lot of different ones to switch from, but all in all, it's just land surounded by ocean. No mater what shape the land is... I want to try one with rivers and lakes and islands and hen oceanic, and to be able to play on Volcanic or Tundra, or Desert terrain... I will try restarting my iPod and reinstalling, though.

8. hhhh

hhhh Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    United States
    If all fails, give Rasterman a PM. He's the beastly awesome guy who created LASW.

9. TehProbe

TehProbe Member

Jun 23, 2010
    I sent him a pm, but I'm not sure he'll answer. Until he does, I would like to get as much help from here as I can. I REALLY want to be able to change maps... You know whenever you start a game,and it shows ou the Locale part. No matter what I set them to, it always says Continental Grassland. It always loads one of the Continental Grassland maps... I really really would like this fixed.