Ad Placement

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Paradiso, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Do the ads above the forum listing on the main page really have to be directly above it? Unless they're there for the purpose of accidental clicks, it'd be awesome if the forum listings were moved down, so there's more space between them and the ad.

I get the importance of having ads above the fold, but every time time I click on one because the page shifts down as I'm clicking a thread, up pops the AppStore, and away goes TA. Maybe it's just me, but I find this extremely aggravating.

TouchArcade generates enough ad revenue per month to feed a small country, so I don't think this is asking too much ;)

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Aren't they the ones you can disable? At the bottom of this page?

3. Paradiso

I'm talking about the main page. That disables top ads in the forum. I'm not asking them to get rid of them, just to have a more user friendly placement.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Ah, misread the post.

5. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Yes, I too find this annoying. Everytime I log-in, or try to, I get swept away

6. stonery

stonery Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Editor
    Neverland
    You use your idevice to browse? or on PC? I think it's ok with PC.

7. Paradiso

Mainly my iPad. It's not a huge deal, but it's just one of those everyday things that get annoying after a while. It's not just this site either, but the fact that the ads open up iTunes makes it worse here.