Rayman Adventures Free to Play Rants and Raves

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by metalcasket, Jul 10, 2015.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    May we please lower our heads in mourning as we remember the fond days when Rayman was premium on iOS. Of course I'll still get this when it releases globally, but a little part of me is sad to see it go F2P.

2. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    If handled well, I'll not mourn it. Just hoping there isn't any timers, then I probably won't mind the shift. :)
    And you as a mod should better than anyone know, that adding the F2P complaints to a new game thread does not do the site any favours. ;)

Game looks solid, so crossing my fingers. And very curious to see if this is an endless runner or a fully fledged platformer.

3. HallmarkCard

HallmarkCard Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    It's time to move on. Accept things for what they are and not how some wish it to be.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    See my friend, I was not complaining. Discussions on F2P are not banned on TouchArcade (for those wondering), but there's a way to go about talking about it. I'm sad to see the series go that direction and can freely express that without having the need to go "OMG FUDGE UBISOFT SIDEWAYS YOU RUINED MY FAVORITE GAME I HAET U NAO DIE!!!".

So yeah, as you said...as a mod, please trust me enough to know what I'm doing. :)

5. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Great post Casket and I feel the same way, but a glimmer of hope as Hitman soft launched as a F2P, but came out as a Premium. Fingers crossed it's the same.

6. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    #6 nemerleb, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    Really good feedback.
    What's surprising is that Rayman had a VERY good start on mobile and was hailed by a lot of reviewers and gamers for its gameplay, mechanics, graphics and overal package. Why would they turn their back on that and change their mentality is beyond me. I hope this game fails just so they can learn from this experience.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Mostly because of the differences between SUCCESSFUL premium and freemium titles. Income in premium games is capped, while in freemium it isnt. A whale can pay thousands of dollars and still can pay a thousand more.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Now, now...that's what I was talking about earlier. Can we please refrain from these kinds of comments?

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I honestly think it's because F2P is the in thing atm and everyone believes it'll make them more money than an actual Premium game. Constant cashflow or something like that?

10. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #10 Leegames, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    NOW I am mourning as well. :D:(

Ooph and I do trust you metalcasket, I just didn't think it was needed as a first comment, if you wanted to avoid derailing into the kind of mess these threads usually end up in. :)

Gonna try it anyways, but the first timer that stops me from playing will make me hit delete.

11. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    I don't wanna start a debate with my Leb peer, but I don't see anything wrong with my sentence. However I'll re-read your earlier posts and see for myself how this is problematic. Thanks for the heads up!

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There's nothing particularly wrong with it, but the way I see things is there's still a huge window for Ubisoft to change things (since this in soft launch) and one can hope they don't see the results they were looking for and decide the game should be premium.

See? I didn't directly wish them failure. ;)

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    "I despise the freemium model" is an acceptable review. "I hope you fail" is not, it's just rude.

14. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    Oh I see. Yeah I notice now how I rushed with that extreme comment when nothing is set in stone yet (even though there are slim chances they would shake things up).
    Thanks for calling me out on that.

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No probs, mate. :)

OR SHOULD I SAY "HABIBI"? DERP~!

16. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    One can argue what they're doing to gaming is rude too :p
    But jokes aside you're absolutely right. There was no need to insert that sentence when it doesn't really serve any purpose whatsoever except transmit on-the-spot strong emotions. Thank you!

17. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    HAH! I promise I wanted to tell you that at the end of the sentence, but then I thought "Hmm maybe they wouldn't appreciate that?". So DEFINITELY HABIBI!! :3

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh man...us Lebanese people will never change, will we? Perhaps next time we come to a slight dispute, we should pull out a bowl of hommos, fire up an arghileh and discuss things like real gentlemen.

ALRIGHT, NO MORE OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION PEOPLE!

:p

19. Marlon Bargh

Marlon Bargh Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 7, 2015
    I really hope you are right, if it goes F2P, everyone will give it terrible reviews (myself included).

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Man they just ruined Rayman for me with the free to play nonsense.

And it's gone. I'll always have that first game they released that I fell in love with. I purchased it on Android which is where I started. Too bad.

Billy