Any Upcomming Platformers worth keeping aneye on?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by onyx77, Sep 17, 2012.

1. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    I have been waiting for LOE + LOE2 Level Editor for so long that I finally gave up a few months ago and have gone back to downloaded every platformer that has hit the app store. However, none of them still really get there for me like LOE + LOE2 did.

Any upcoming platformers I should keep my eye on that can deliver the same that LOE + LOE2 did. Anyone have any further info in the LOE + LOE2 level editor? (Hopefully with a level share).

I am looking forward to the day when I can download some level packs from people who are way more talented at creating them than myself :)

Until then, hopefully something comes along that can bridge the gap...

2. One of the best platformers coming is Wimp. It is an action puzzle platformer, and it is a lot of fun. I'm participating in the beta test now, and it is probably the best platform game on Ios along with Mikey Shorts.

I think it is coming out around the end of the month, keep an eye on it. Fantastic game!

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wimp and Rayman.

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, looking forward to the new Rayman game!

5. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Thanks for the info! Ill be keeping an eye out for both of those. Just subscribed to the Wimp thread and will do the same for Rayman so I can know when they are getting released.

Just made a few levels for labyrinth 2. Love they way they do level share. Hope that LOE has a level share ability.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I'm really looking forward to Wimp and The Other Brothers. Especially Other Brothas because I'm already playing Wimp :p

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, definitely Other Brothers.

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Oh and who could forget Polyroll!!

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think its more like an endless runner though than a traditional platformer sadly.

Another vote for Polyroll, his last game (Clash Force) was brilliant, from the trailer Polyroll looks just as good if not better.

Kid Vector was a nice vector style platformer.

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes definitely keep an eye on all these games, Wimp (playing in beta) is fantastic, will buy as soon as its out

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
  12. lazynahte

lazynahte Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Student
    Paper Monsters, Halloween/Fall update. I wished they had released more levels earlier.