Infinite Warrior: BattleMage from Empty Flask Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by EFGames, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EFGames

EFGames Well-Known Member

#1 EFGames, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Hello everyone!

I am finally happy to announce Empty Flask Games new title: “Infinite Warrior: BattleMage”.

Grounded within Infinite Warrior’s universe, IW: BattleMage is an Action-RPG Tower Defense featuring a new character, a powerful battle mage, tasked to protect the West Kingdom against the Tyrant King’s invading Legions.

Presented with a top down fixed perspective, you become the Battle Mage inside its magic tower and repel the invading creatures by tapping on the screen to unleash powerful magic spells.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IW: BattleMage features 6 Battle Fields
    with new art from well-known locations in Infinite Warrior: Crow’s Landing, The Burning Sands, Kraken’s Reach, Dragon’s Hold, Frostwind Pass, and a new battlefield: The Blackened Woods.

Each battle field also features different creatures, totaling 40 unique monsters, with a stronger opponent, a Tyrant King’s Captain, at the end of each siege, fiercely protecting its captured land.
    A siege is composed of 10 waves in which horde of enemies charges the mage's tower, coming from either left or right side of the screen.

The Tyrant King's Army is composed of creatures of all kind, from giant spiders and rats pack attacking up close, to powerful shaman or skeleton archers firing from a distance. Many creatures are enchanted with special abilities, given them resistance, total immunity, or regeneration against certain spells.
    To complete a siege, all 10 Waves need to be completed and the “boss” encountered on the last wave needs to be defeated as well.

When the game begins, only one battle field is available and your mage is simply equipped with a few spells and potions to defend himself. As you become more powerful by defeating enemies and leveling up, new battlefields offering greater challenges are unlocked, and you also improve/unlock new spells.

Your mage can rise up to rank 40, with 3 spells that can be slotted and made always available for quick selection, from a total of 20 unique spells across 4 different spell trees (different school of magic).

2 slots on your spell bar are also reserved for potions and scrolls, used to regain instant health/magic, or boost your spell’s damage for a short duration.

IW: BattleMage also features over 100 in-game challenges which reward you with experience or in-game currency. The challenges are also tracked within GameCenter or GooglePlay, if you’re using either service.

Upon completing challenges and leveling up, in the vein of classic RPGs, you are given points to spent to improve your mage’s 2 main attributes (vitality or power), and spells’ rank. You can improve all spells/scrolls/potions up to 5 times.

Each school of magic (fire/ice/lightning/poison) offers unique spells, both from a visual point of view and gameplay style. Ice for example offer spells that are based on slowing down the enemies, while fire is based on pure scorching damage. Lightning spells are usually faster, with defensive abilities, and Poison are more “Curse” based, damage over time, leeching life or mana from the enemies.

[​IMG]

You can also, if not satisfied with your spells choice, unlearn all spells and reassign the points into different trees.
    This comes handy when you come across new creatures which appear to be immune to a certain spell kind, or to dispatch a boss quicker when you have found its weakness.

Finally, when you reach high mage levels (10/20/30/40), you also unlock “Ultimate Beings” that can be summoned after you receive or deal enough damage. When your mage has fuelled enough arcane power, calling such a being is done by drawing a specific rune on screen.

The Fire Ultimate Being triggered below, a dragon raining down fireballs on the field:

[​IMG]

As you vanquish the Tyrant King’s legions, defeated creatures will also occasionally drop randomly generated spoils of war.

Spoils of war come as pieces of equipment: armors, weapons, helms, rings, etc, varying in quality and level, that offer different stats to improve your spells or core abilities.
    You can also retrieve mana/health potions, which recover your life/mana instantly and Arcane Dust, which is the currency used to purchase magic scrolls or potions that can be slotted on your spell’s bar for future use.

When a piece of equipment is picked up, it can be “looted” and equipped from the Mage’s Sheet, simply by dragging and dropping it to the desired slot.

[​IMG]

You can also scavenge equipment to retrieve Arcane Dust, when you need to purchase potions or boost damage scrolls.

The mage’s sheet also offer various statistic information, max life, max power, damage, etc.

To summarize, here is a recap of Infinite Warrior: Battle Mage features:

• Intuitive, easy, everyone can get into gameplay.
    • 20 unique spells, offering very different and personalized gameplay experience. Change your spells when you want and try different combinations.
    • Level up your character up to level 40. Take down formidable foes with a few spells and feel the raw power of THE Battle Mage.
    • 6 battlefields, with 6 challenging bosses, presented in beautiful retina visuals.
    • 100+ challenges. Unlock Infinite Warrior's Lore by defeating creatures, get rewarded for it.
    • Encounter and defeat 40 different creatures, Giants, fiery Elementals, poisonous Drake and more.
    • No In-App Purchase!
    • Old school cheat codes.

Infinite Warrior: Battle Mage is scheduled to release toward the end of December, on IOS and Android platforms simultaneously.
    At launch, it will be priced $0.99, down from $2.99.

A video trailer/footage is in the work and will be available soon.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, I’ll be more than happy to answer these.

Have a great day everyone!

Pierre

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    WOAH! One of my favorite devs making a spinoff to one of my favorite games! Woohoo!

3. EFGames

Happy to hear we're still part of your favorite developers list :)

Screenshot from the Main Menu:

[​IMG]

And screenshot from another Ultimate summon:

[​IMG]

Have a great day!

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    So.

What are the cheat codes? Hehehehe. Sorry I just had to. This game looks like my type of game. I cannot wait. Thank you for sharing the info.

Billy

5. EFGames

On the main menu, in your tower (as seen in the screenshot showing the different battlefields), there are small glowing runes engraved in the bricks. Tapping them in a certain order will activate a cheat code. Similar to the left/right/left/right/A/B, with touch screen.

I will post one of the cheat code on the Forum when we launch :)

You'll have to discover the other ones.

6. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Last time I used cheat codes I think it was GTA, not sure which one. It will be fun on touch screen. Waiting for it.

7. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Last time I used cheat codes I think it was GTA, not sure which one. It will be fun on touch screen. Waiting for it.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sounds good, I'll see how it goes. Ipad too?

9. EFGames

Ipad 1st Gen? Or Ipad in general.

If it's IPad 1, unfortunately, it is not supported. Even after heavy optimization, I could not fit all the content in memory.

10. yourtax

yourtax Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    For $0.99 how can you go wrong. Most certainly an instabuy for me.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    No I have the iPad Air 2 and sorry if I missed it but after the missions that are in waves of 10 is there anything like an endless mode for high scores?

12. EFGames

The game is broken down into 6 "Sieges" (at launch) and in terms of gameplay's progression, BattleMage is similar to classic Action RPGs: You select a "Siege" as if you were selecting a Chapter, which contains creatures with a specific level's range. As you progress within the Siege, creatures become stronger, but you'll also quickly level up and find weapons/armors, raising your power considerably. One of the "feature" if we want to call it a feature is that in BattleMage, I want you to feel powerful easily, so it becomes super fun to blast enemies with ease.
    And with this philosophy in mind, while I'm not offering an endless mode to track score, the idea is that going back to a previously completed Siege, for loot run or to simply complete challenges, will be more enticing and will not become a "grinding" chore/monotonous task.
    While loot's drop is tuned on a level basis, legendary weapons or armors, even within starting Siege, are quite powerful and will make these "loot runs" more fun, as you'll dispatch enemies quicker.

And when you're high level, with the respec system, you can also replay a Siege with completely different spells.

13. EFGames

Along the lines of the CheatCode, I figured I'll mention an extra level, in homage to a certain game, that will be accessible with a CheatCode:

There is a Cow Level :)

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I cannot frickin' wait for this. Much like EP, I'm also on the "Empty Flask Games are one of my favorite developers (and people)" boat and this looks nothing short of awesome. :D

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Clever :D

How about typing out "up up down down left right left right b a" on the keyboard? ;)

16. EFGames

The way the runes are presented, if you were to open the "virtual keyboard", it will really put you out of context.

The "main menu" represents the inside of your tower, looking out the window, onto the battlefields. Similarly to the original Infinite Warrior, there is a "peaceful" music, setting a different atmosphere to the battles to come.
    The runes faintly glow on the bricks, and you tap them, they "burst" with little sparkles and there is an audio feedback. When you tap them in the right order, you'll get a "flash".

17. EFGames

Quick Update: Release date has been pushed to January 8th.

Apologies for pushing the date as it was originally scheduled for a Dec 25th release, but trying to get the best exposure by then was too tight.

At least, the good news is that with the extra time, I'll polish the game even more :)

18. EFGames

Figured I'll post a few of the loading screens, to use as Wallpaper :)

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. EFGames

#19 EFGames, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  20. Singer

Singer Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012