The Walking Dead by Next Games and AMC

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mejjos, Mar 8, 2014.

1. mejjos

mejjos Cancelled

Jul 26, 2012
    #1 mejjos, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    A new The Walking Dead mobile game based on the AMC TV show was announced yesterday. The game should be released around the same time season five of The Walking Dead airs, usually around October. Looks like it will be a narrative-driven free-to-play game.

“We chose to team up with Next Games because of their outstanding creative and technical talent, as well as a willingness to re-imagine the unique and compelling world of The Walking Dead, which has built a significant and passionate global fan community,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “We’re thrilled to be part of this next wave of games innovation and participating in a project that – like the show itself – is in service of the fans.”

“Our take on the undead survival franchise will match the against-all-odds action and moment-to-moment tension of the TV series. We want to find that sweet spot where gameplay and narrative inform and reinforce one another,” said Teemu Huuhtanen, CEO at Next Games. “Like AMC’s The Walking Dead itself, we’re not giving away too many details right out the gate, but I can confidently state it’s unlike anything we’ve seen from The Walking Dead franchise on home or mobile gaming hardware before.”

You can visit NextGames.com for more info. Looking forward to this one :)

2. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #2 TheMerc, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    A trailer has just been released on the The Walking Dead (TV Show) Facebook page. I can't attach a link at the moment, but it's a cinematic trailer (with no hints as to what kind of game it'll be) and adds that the game's release has been postponed to 2015. Check it if you're interested.

3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou

here it is
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aiRboM4fok#t=41

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Doesn't really show much but looks good from the tiny bit you can see. Depends on gameplay I guess.

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  6. ioscody

ioscody Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Fps? 3rd person? I wonder what it's gonna be!! Please be fps !!!!

7. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I'm thinking it's gonna be a freemuim city builder. If possible I would like to be 3rd person so you can have a better experience for your character. People always like having stuff first person with guns nowadays, it's a shame.

8. DiMarco

DiMarco Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2014
    I think it will most likely be like the game of thrones game on iOS. Not my ideal game, but that's just me.

9. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    #9 Lerisbo1192, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    FPS? third person? SURVIVAL HORROR? good gameplay? OMG you guys are so cute!! :D:D:D !! ok lets do the maths: AMC making an ios game, bearing the name of a big tv franchise + usage of words like "gameplay exclusively developped for smartphones and tablet" = seriously? When will we learn where to put expectations?! there should be a manual/guide for how to survive in the ios gaming ecosystem without facing massive DISAPOINTMENTS every single week.