50 TAGOTW Hall of Fame - Do You Have Them All?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Agas, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    #1 Agas, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
    By winning this week, Pocket Planes becomes the 50th games in TAGOTW Hall of Fame. Therefore, I'm throwing out little discussion about 50 games that Touch Arcaders like from week to week.

Here are some ideas that you can share:
    - Have you tried them all? How many do you have? - You are a truly TA HARDCORE GAMER if you have all 50 -
    - Which of those games that you like the most? Why? Are they belong to your top 10 games of all time?
    - Which of them do you like the least? Why?
    - Which of them that you haven't bought/not interested and why?
    - Do you vote regularly each week? Do you nominate? Why/why not?

So, here they are from the recent to the oldest (you can click on any of these icons to go to its thread - in case you don't know what the icons are),

[size=+2]50 TAGOTW HALL OF FAME :[/size]

[thread=139069][​IMG][/thread] [thread=137454][​IMG][/thread] [thread=136445][​IMG][/thread] [thread=135702][​IMG][/thread] [thread=134920][​IMG][/thread] [thread=134052][​IMG][/thread] [thread=133275][​IMG][/thread] [thread=132193][​IMG][/thread] [thread=130858][​IMG][/thread] [thread=129808][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=128840][​IMG][/thread] [thread=128078][​IMG][/thread] [thread=126462][​IMG][/thread] [thread=125714][​IMG][/thread] [thread=124969][​IMG][/thread] [thread=124184][​IMG][/thread] [thread=123628][​IMG][/thread] [thread=122784][​IMG][/thread] [thread=122158][​IMG][/thread] [thread=121331][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=120634][​IMG][/thread] [thread=120039][​IMG][/thread] [thread=120029][​IMG][/thread] [thread=119416][​IMG][/thread] [thread=118776][​IMG][/thread] [thread=117541][​IMG][/thread] [thread=116591][​IMG][/thread] [thread=115522][​IMG][/thread] [thread=114804][​IMG][/thread] [thread=114166][​IMG][/thread]
    [continued on the 2nd post]​

2. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    #2 Agas, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
    [continued]
    [thread=113519][​IMG][/thread] [thread=112709][​IMG][/thread] [thread=112217][​IMG][/thread] [thread=111513][​IMG][/thread] [thread=110788][​IMG][/thread] [thread=109959][​IMG][/thread] [thread=109208][​IMG][/thread] [thread=108467][​IMG][/thread] [thread=107788][​IMG][/thread] [thread=107025][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=106327][​IMG][/thread] [thread=105699][​IMG][/thread] [thread=104951][​IMG][/thread] [thread=104233][​IMG][/thread] [thread=103488][​IMG][/thread] [thread=102671][​IMG][/thread] [thread=101928][​IMG][/thread] [thread=101214][​IMG][/thread] [thread=100445][​IMG][/thread] [thread=99752][​IMG][/thread]

Make sure that you check out [thread=140982]THIS WEEK'S POLL[/thread] and the [thread=119439]TAGOTW2012 ARCHIVES[/thread]. If you are new to this poll, start by nominating your favorite candidates (up to 5 games per person) and after Sunday, you can cast your vote. Hopefully this fun poll can continue to bring fun in our gaming days. Cheers!!!

3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    There is no good reason to get these games if you arent a fan of their genres. A game of the year type quality game can cross genres and appeal to non-fans. *Some* of these games have that level of quality, but not all do. I stopped buying game of the week games outside my genres long ago -- it didnt work out for me to buy them. So if someone really does have all these games, either they have very wide ranging tastes or too much money and a gaming addiction.

4. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    There's a reason I couldn't have played all these games. I don't have an iPad ;) (see Aquaria). I have about half of them though.

Anyways, my favorites of these ones are Crazy Hedgy, Run Roo Run, Swordigo, and Scribblenauts Remix.

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I have about half of these games... My favs are probably GTA3 and Crazy Hedgy... of course there's Temple Run and Jetpack Joyride, too.

6. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #6 Darth Ronfar, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
    Haven't played:

Act of fury
    soul caliber
    Chaos rings 2
    Max Payne
    TWB
    Soccer tactics
    Halo3
    Inferno+
    Pocket planes

Swords and soldiers
    Grand prix stor
    Dark meadow
    Aquaria
    Junk Jack
    Bullet time

Played the rest

Favorites :

Wheres my water - one of my fav games all time, probly in my top 5 bEst iOS games, best physics puzzler
    Gesundheit - fun game of hide and seek and goo flinging. Great puzzle adventure
    Mage gauntlet - a great retro style arpg
    Waking mars - probly my front runner for goty 2012, execlent story and gameplay built around exploration and ecosytems..
    Mini motor racing - I really like this racer although slower compared to other over the top racers this one is more fun
    Adventure bar story - a pretty good and original game mixing Rpg with cooking
    Swordigo - a nice 2d adventure casual but fun
    Fible - actually a pretty fun puzzle game though short
    Smrpg - from what I've played it's good but there's not enough game here yet without the rest of the episodes
    KoF-I - not usually a fan of KoF but this game rivals sf4v as the best fighter on iOS

Least favorite -

Infinity blade 2 - although a fan of the first the second one was virtually the same, I didn't even bother playing it after about a few hours in, ibd looks like a nice alternative with free movemen

Run roo Run - had about 10 minutes of fun till it got old...

Puzzle juice - was fun just not my style I guess barely played it for an hour

Grid runner- I still don't get how pEople like this over cave type games maybe because it fells more old school I personally dislike it especially the contrOls which feel like one of those balls you roll to move around

Spells word - thought I would like this more than o did, I dunno just felt like a super crate box rip that didn't hold my interest

Pocket Rpg - despite my many attempts at playing this game I've barely ever got past one or two dungeons before quitting do to lack of fun

Monster ate my condo - don't really see the appeal of this game.. It's ok but gets repetitive and I dunno I'd rather play something I like if it's gonna be that repetitive

For the ones I haven't bought there either iPad only ios5 only too much money or not interested

I feel like alot of the winners actually end up being not as good as it's runner up in alot of cases witch suck because they don't even get a change for game of the year ... I won't go into specifics but just my main gripe

I USually vote although most of the time it's not for the winner or even 2nd or 3rd and for nominations everthing usually gets covered except for a few when I would then go to nominate it...

I guess my biggest snub so far would be sky gnomes with didn't even place despite being a really great game that got beat out by something I felt wasnt as worthy. Also the fact that Final fantasy tactics is placed twice with out winning either time..

Of all the winners only where's my water would be in my top 10, but some of the other are 2nd or 3rd place games

For this year I think they're should be a way for 2nd or 3rd place games to get in to the nominees something like a 1vs1 with all the runners ups aginst eachother with like the top 3 - 5 moving in with the winners that way if a game that ended up being way better then a game in front and alot of people feel that way the they have a chance to get into the nominees... Also I think the process in which the goty is done should be longer in general allowing enough time for late games to be factored in better and so that there's no outside votes maybe when I final group comes out only senior TA member can vote and perhaps have your winners be PMed to some one with all the final nominees in order from 1st to lastthis allows the best anyonmUs way which should be better than a poll which people can see and then once a few games get going people will pick one of those ahead of the game they think is goty just because they know it won't win that or do both... Just some ideas

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Have 35 of them :)

8. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Considering that I haven't had my iPhone 4S until just a few months ago, I'm actually quite amazed that I own 33 of them.

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #9 backtothis, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
    Only missing 6 of them: Score!, DCII, Fibble, Aquaria, Soulcalibur, and Gridrunner. One of them is Aquaria because I don't play iPad games. Nice little montage of hit games from the past year.

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #10 backtothis, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    Dude, the total cost of all these games is like 2 new console titles..or not even actually. This is a year's worth of games..a bunch of them are $0.99, and some are even free.

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I only have 12 from that list

12. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle

Now, just to make it over half, I have to buy one more.

I'm thinking... Waking Mars? (nah, already have Gene Effect)

Scribblenauts? (Doesn't really look appealing to me, hence why I still don't have it)

Score! ? (Probably going to go with this one...)

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Have 31 of 'em. Some of them just don't appeal to me (the more sim like games like Grand Prix Story). Others are iPad only.

And almost all of the rest are on my wish list....just too many games and too little time (let alone space on my device). Keep in mind I had a 2G for a good portion of the time these games came out so I've got some catching up to do with my 3GS.