Universal Battleheart (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Feb 1, 2011.

1. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Wouldn't it have been easier just to answer his/her question? :p

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    ...which is...

3. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Yay...

If had to change anything from the first one I guess it would be to add more story elements.(obviously wanted the game longer)

I never had a problem with the controls, I guess they could be tweaked?

Most important thing is game length the last one should have been alot longer...

Multiplayer would be cool, but not essential.

That's all I have to say, great news

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #2444 backtothis, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
    7 hours in after just 5 plays. Got this as soon as it was out over a year ago, and didn't play it since trying it out once on release night until a week ago. I tend to have a bad habit of putting off games I know will be good (30 mins clocked in GTA:CW, GoF2, The Bard's Tale, etc. and 10 mins clocked in FFT, FFIII, Dark Meadow, etc.) and playing mediocre games first to get them off of my device, lol. There are a few exceptions to that though. Beat ME Infiltrator a week after getting it last week. But yeah, pretty rare xP.

Anyways, on the last level now. Haven't had any difficulty beating any of the levels up until now. Died a few times against the last boss so I went back to grind a bit for the first time. My characters are all level 25 now after replaying levels for an hour or more, so that should probably be sufficient to beat him whenever I feel like playing again. Been using the Black Knight, the Cleric, the Barbarian, and the Wizard the entire game. It's probably a pretty standard combination: tank, healer, DPS, and ranged DPS, respectively.

I've generally been doing the same thing every battle since it works well. Make everything attack my knight, especially after getting the War Cry skill. Put up Shield Wall, Shield from the Cleric, and target healing at him. I also have two vampire tooth pendants equipped to him, so yeah, he takes virtually no damage. It pretty much comes down to isolating enemies one by one after that. I use attack skills whenever they're done cooling down, but they're not really necessary at all considering I got to the last level when all my characters were only level 22. Vengeful Angel is a pretty cool skill for the Cleric. It scatters all the enemies while damaging them. Leads to easy isolation kills. The Wizard's Time Stop is also useful for isolation kills. Conflagrate is nice for taking an enemy out of the battle for a few precious seconds. Otherwise, I don't use too many skills besides buffs I mentioned earlier. The passive skills are pretty nice though.

Haven't really found any tricks yet since the levels are all pretty easy save the final boss. The only one I know is to save one healer enemy to kill last since that way I can heal all my guys to full health without anything attacking me before the next wave of enemies appear after the healer enemy is dead. Not sure that's really a trick.

Might try out some of the other characters after I finish since I haven't really done any experimenting.

tl;dr: I love RTS games that focus on combat, lol. I'm sure everything here has been mentioned in this lengthy thread in any case, and oh, it's a great game.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Turned out to be a pretty easy fight beating the last boss with my guys all at level 25. Had a ton of fun playing through Battleheart. Definitely won't be deleting it unless a sequel comes out. I know I'll be coming back to it eventually using the other characters. Brilliant game. Hm, it's been over four months since Zombieville 2 came out. Guess it's time to make some progress on it as well..

6. take

take Active Member

Jan 1, 2012
    forgive me if this has been covered, search isn't so great.

any chance for an update that includes iCloud saves?? i've got a complete game with most of my toons above 40, and it'd be great to carry them over onto my shiny new iPad. should i just hold out for the 'sequel'??

7. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    You shouldn't need iCloud for that. You can back up your old device and then sync to your new device, and you get all of the save files. Or you can manually transfer the save file for a particular game from one device to another.

8. take

take Active Member

Jan 1, 2012
    restoring from a backup isn't an option for me as i've already set up my device. also, battleheart doesn't support file transfer through iTunes, or if it does it doesn't show up in my list like mage gauntlet or junk jack do, for example.

historically the only way i've been able to do any file transfer outside of iTunes is by being jailbroken and swapping files via ssh. is there a way to do this now without the need to be jailbroken??

9. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Try iExplorer. I haven't tested it with Battleheart specifically, but it works for most games.

10. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    iFunBox works very well if you want to transfer stuff.

11. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    But I believe you need to be jailbroken to use it.

12. Forgive me if this has been posted already, but this sounds like great news for Battleheart fans:

13. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    No, it's just an iOS device explorer, and unlike iPhone Explorer, doesn't time out ever 3rd input.

14. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Really?
    Alright then, it must have been updated. I remember it not being able to gain full root access without a jailbreak.

15. AwesomusPrime

AwesomusPrime Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Heh... Try this out for fun times. I've tested this/done this many of times, so I know at least a few class combinations that will work (it's just a matter of "skill").

You CANNOT:
    Buy anything from the merchant.
    Do unnecessary levels (that means no arenas, no levels that you don't have to do in order to get to the final boss, and no replaying previously beaten levels).
    Equip EXP-boosting items.
    *Equip any weapons or armor you get through your travels. That means you MUST use ONLY the gear you have from the very start of the game.

You CAN:
    *Equip trinkets (no EXP-boosting trinkets, though.)
    Use any class combination you desire. I like the warrior, cleric, rogue, and mage.

* = Super Hard Mode (if you don't do it) :)

Oh yeah, and if you REALLY want to keep things interesting: You have 3 "lives." This is an honesty thing. If you die/retreat 3 times, you must delete your file and start over. If a character dies mid-fight and you still come out victorious, that's not a "death;" however, that character will be short X amount of EXP and will be gimped the rest of the game.

Few things: You should be ~lvl 20 by the time you get to the last boss. Most of the times I do this, two are lvl 20 and two are lvl 19. The two that are lvl 19 are really gimped on their skills, so try and get all your guys to even out their exp gains on the last few levels!

I want to see how far you guys get, your character combinations/suggestions to make this "hard-mode" even more interesting! I can't think of any other way :)

Whatever your next game is, Mika, I'm going to download it :)

16. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    And any chance for a Retina iPad update?

17. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Well, of course, you can't access the protected files without a jailbreak, that's the very definition of a jailbreak. But that doesn't prevent you from transferring app-specific save files, which is what we were talking about.

18. take

take Active Member

Jan 1, 2012
    thanks, this worked perfectly.

19. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    More BH, please.

20. itouchbd

itouchbd Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    mika mobile i believe you are working on the battleheart sequal im wondering if there is anything you can share and if you still plan to do or if you scrapped the battleheart update with the new area and new bosses and enemies and possibly gear.