Universal DoDonPachi Resurrection HD (by CAVE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 14, 2012.

1. SweTSE

SweTSE Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Those of you who play this game on an iPad, how does your button configuration look and how do you hold your device?

I'm struggling to find a comfortable way of playing this game on my iPad 2, so I thought I would ask for tips :)

2. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I really don't see how you can hold the ipad in your hands while playing this. For me, the only way is to put it on a table or my lap, stylus in right hand, buttons on the left of the screen.

3. SweTSE

SweTSE Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Yeah, I guess you are right. Thanks for the quick reply :)

4. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Awesome game! Damn, I need another iTunes gift card to buy this game for iOS.

5. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Hi pentarou. I got Galuda 2 and finished once in arcade and once in iPhone mode (still dunno the difference) iun about 1 hour, on normal. I'm still in the stage of completing the games and having fun, since I knew about cave for like, 1 day and got Bug Panic and Galuda 2 HD.

What I can understand then is, even for all the modes' gameplay, Dodenpachi will have more than double the playtime with at least three loops and the other stuff you mentioned? Or am I understanding incorrectly?

Thanks!

6. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Sorry to bump a thread that's been last replied to in June, but I'm just venting a bit of frustration.

There is NO way that existing customers who paid for the non-HD version should be made to pay another £10 just for a Retina Display update, the kind of update every other developer gives users for free.

Sure, charge new customers full price, give them the choice between non-HD and HD but don't penalise the people who paid full price for the game to begin with.

And you wonder why people jailbreak and use you-know-what?

7. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

#87 strivemind, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    I'm glad they didn't update the non-HD version to retina, or I would have never been able to run this resource-intensive game on my 3GS.

8. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
  9. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    See, this is where I could be a knob and give the usual kind of reply that I got when making the kind of statements above in the past. That is, update your hardware, let go of an old device, why should new devices users be held back just for you? However, I'd rather that they just update it and offer an option to use HD or non-HD visuals.

If Gameloft can do a similar option on a far more graphically advanced title such as NOVA 3 then surely a retro shmup shouldn't be too much hassle.

Being honest, I'm just having a bit of a moan ... the version I bought looks reasonable enough full screen (x2 mode) on my iPad third generation. Plays blazingly fast, but I just hate the feeling of being ripped off.

10. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Just a small off-topic (-ish) rant (mods, delete if you feel so inclined) - okay, screw Cave, seriously. They launch on Android, the lite versions are fully compatible with my tablet and run beautifully, but the full versions are both listed as incompatible for absolutely no good reason I can see. Espgaluda II was even briefly available to purchase and then got pulled only hours later.

Yes, yes, I know, they owe me absolutely nothing (even if my internet nick is taken from one of their games), I should just accept I'm poor and can't afford the latest hardware blah blah blah - don't care, still mad. Both games plainly run fine - I want to play them on a tablet screen and am more than willing to give them my money - don't have the option. Not buying anything from Cave again if they can't be bothered to work to make their games available to as many people as possible as quickly as possible. This is even more frustrating than TWEWY - at least I didn't have a demo of that running perfectly right in front of me.

11. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Can't speak to the particular issue but Cave demos are usually only first stages. The games get much more computationally intensive around stage three. Maybe there were issues in later stages.

12. Saidainz

Saidainz New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Hey, I was just wondering. Why does this not run on iPod Touch (5th)?

It says I need a digital compass installed. However this generation of the iPod Touch does not have one. Did they forget to edit the .plist?

I can't imagine it would be that hard.

Any work arounds for now?

13. kia001

kia001 Active Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Does the full version of this game support of the iPhone 5's wider display?

14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    nope

15. kia001

kia001 Active Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Awww, too bad.

Any idea if there are any Cave sales planned in the near future?

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    usually, they'll hit around xmas. =o/

17. kia001

kia001 Active Member

Mar 9, 2013
    That's a bit too long of a wait :)
    Judging from the TA statechange logs for Cave games they've had a sale last April. Here's hoping they'll have one this year as well.

18. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I think Cave always had an anniversary sale around March-April in the past few years (I started with the ipod touch 4). Maybe thats when the price drops that you see through App shopper.

19. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Another one of CAVE's games that was updated to work on modern devices.

20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Has anyone else had any issues getting into the 'hidden' second loop in the first stage?
    For whatever reason, I can't seem to trigger it.

I can do it EVERY time that I try on my old iPhone 5 with the standard SD build - but I have yet to pull it off in this HD version.
    =/