Quoridor strategic boardgame coming Jan 2010

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mrbass, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 mrbass, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
    [​IMG]
    www.quoridor.net

About time Quoridor on iphone. I've been begging for this to come out since Sep 2008. Their online flash version is buggy and I wouldn't try it till next year sometime. In the meantime if you wish to play it on your PC/Mac/Linux try these java versions. Download them and double click on em.
    Quoridor 67KB or try homepage
    Xoridor 263KB or try homepage

Object of game is to move your pawn to any square of your opponent's row. Each player has 10 fences you can use to block your opponent or prevent yourself from moving to a certain path. On your turn you either move your pawn one space or place one of your ten fences. Must always exist one path for pawns to reach destination.

Official Rules of game.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Still keeping an eye on this. Last update I can see is there are new AIs as of Feb 17th in the flash versions. Also instead of Jan for iphone it says VERY SOON for iphone. So hoping sometime in March myself.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Cool, always happy to see another board game on the iPhone! :)

4. snatex

snatex New Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Any update on this?

5. The flash version has AI dated April 10th. Bug report blog seems like it's resolved.

So it looks like it's gonna be soon.

The dev responded to me end of Feb via email and not sure what I can and can't say but it sounds like a universal binary for iphone/ipad. If not at least a version for both. I'll just get iPad version if that's the case though. Also should be much quicker than flash version.

6. Says 2.99 euro so assume coming soon. That is about $3.65 so maybe $2.99 on US AppStore.