Graphics Card help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by HardcoreEricXXX, Nov 11, 2012.

1. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I was thinking I want to get a new desktop sunce I haven't had one since high school. I wanted to do a dual screen setup. I'm sure there are better forums to ask this. But....What type of video card should I be looking for to accomplish this for HD output? The extent of my gaming may include me rekindling my love for StarCraft, but I don't need anything special. I'm just looking for AFORDABLE, dual screens, and enough to run StarCraft well.

2. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I'm building a computer with some help from a friend. He recommends the gtx 650 ti, it costs around $160 (I'm not sure how much you meant by affordable :p).

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

If you stick to Blizzard Titles in the future the GTX 650 will do fine with your Dual Screen Setup at least for the current Generation of Blizzard Titles and probably for the upcoming Titan Title too. I would strongly advise you to choose an Model that has either two DVI or two HDMI Ports or both because that Way it will be a lot easier for you to connect those two Screens you want to go with.

Also because of the Dual Screen Setup you should avoid any Graphic Card that has less then 2 GB of Graphics Memory since the bigger Desktop does also mean a higher use of the the Memory on Board of the Graphic Card and 2 GB will be, depending on your actual Screensize of your Screen the Minimum to go with.

With the little we know from you so far I would recommend you that Card:

ZOTAC ZT-61102-10M GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Awesome, I was looking for something like that, but there were so many it was becoming daunting. Thanks for the help!