So just how fast does Apple pump them out?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Max_TO, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Max_TO

Max_TO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    I am currently waiting on the edge of my seat for a soon to be released game that is being very heavily talked about here at T.A in it's own thread , the game is called ww touch .

This game was submitted to Apple two weeks ago for review and it is said to have received the go ahead for release this weekend .

The following of that thread got me wondering , just how often does Apple release new games at the app store ? Do they have certain days of the week that they will release a game ? Do they intentionally time the release of new games to give already listed games time to gain exposure and sales ?

And lastly , do you feel that the app store design fails in some ways to allow a happy browsing experience ?

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Apple releases them as soon as they are approved.

Developers have the options of holding their app after it's approved to release on a certain date if they choose.

So new apps, updates, price drops etc come out constantly throughout the day depending on when apple approves them.

3. Max_TO

Max_TO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Thats for that reply :)

Can you also share your thoughts on the design setup of there app store , does it promote friendly searching ?