Cheater?!?!?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by syntheticvoid, Sep 26, 2011.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Alrighty...

I... am VERY against cheating. It seriously pisses me off to no end. I've posted NUMEROUS times about how much it sucks seeing fake scores on GC, and have asked many devs to remove fake scores from leaderboards...

I was just called a cheater today...

I was wondering how some of you would handle it, or respond to being called a cheater? Cause right now, I'm about to go the f*** off.

2. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    This is what I would do.

I personally don't care if someone calls me a cheater. If I know that I didn't cheat, then I'm not a cheater. I would just ignore the person.

3. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Find the person and go eat him/her and his/her babies...

...oh wait that might not be a good idea.

lol I'd just ignore him. Whoever called you a cheater is just jealous that you are so much better.

4. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Yeah, no biggie. I would just search his IP address and then find out where he lives. Go there and then eat him.

5. weehomer

weehomer Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    North of Ohio
    Well I for one know you're not a cheater, because if you were, I wouldn't have a higher score than you in Parallax!;)

But seriously, I wouldn't let it get to you, just brush it off, move on and ignore it!
    I know that can be hard sometimes, but it's really not worth it! Most people here know you, they know you play a ton of games, they know you play them all the hardest level and I'm sure they know you would never cheat!

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =oP

lol... thanx... I'll try... so hard not to get all worked up over it though...

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    What game btw? You put his name in your sig..lol.

8. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Monsters Ate My Condo

9. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Cheater...

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Get a dev endorsement, I'd like to see someone call you a cheater then!

11. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I wouldn't worry about it. You've posted reputably here on TA and that would be reflective on your scoring as well.

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah... I'm not worried anymore... I forgot that my level and multi were kept track of as well, and caught in the screen shot... so... =oP

13. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Every time I play BFBC2 I get called a cheater. You get used to it, just remember how it feels to be accused of cheating the next time you think someone is cheating and realize as long as they aren't 10000-0, they just might be honestly better than you.

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I've only called two people cheaters since I got into iOS gaming... and Cave took them off of leaderboards because they were cheaters...

But yeah... I really feel that being called or calling someone a cheater is one if the worst things you can say to a gamer...

15. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Seeing what I think he said (you quoted it before he changed his post, and yes he did edit his post down to a single sentence that wasn't anything remotely bad about it imo) I really don't see why you're getting too mad...basically he said before the update it was possible to get a higher score and he was calling 'shenanigans' and then he had a couple smiley faces. Unless there was something else? Don't mean to sound harsh or anything but I think you're taking this a little wrong...

16. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Taking things a bit too seriously, if they called you a cheater, just ignore it. It's not like you're going to see them again

17. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I've been called a "hacker" on Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Halo Reach. Then they realize that going 29-1 on Team SWAT isn't that hard.

Don't let it get to you. Most likely, they're 12 year old kids that think that they'll either "Pwn you or you're a hacker because I'm the best at this game."

18. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    He called "shenanigans" on my screen, saying that I did the same thing he experienced, then called me a liar...

19. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Yeah, I saw the post (you quoted it in the thread) and then what he editted it to. The way i interpreted the smileys though was joking, not calling you a liar. Otherwise he would have spelled 'lies' right probably and not done a happy smiley face....
    I may not be correct but as someone judging entirely just from the posts...well, that's how it seemed to me...

20. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

#20 Spamcan, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
    The easiest thing to do is remember that leaderboards don't actually mean anything and that considering a high posotion on one a significant accomplishment is incredibly pathetic then get on with your life.

If someone wants to pretend like they're good at something that doesn't matter by cheating or accuses you of doing the same remember that it's the most pointless thing in the world to actually give a shit about.