Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    It will only backup the higher level game if you play with the same GC login on two devices.

2. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    You will never have a duplicate floor. I'm also trying to hunt down the painting bug. If you manually paint a floor it will always stay the same (it only seems to happen to unpainted floors).

3. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Just downloaded can not wait to play! Been a big fan of Nimblebit since Scoops!

4. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Loving this game. It's so addictive!

Add me: lojack756

5. yacoub

yacoub Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I've got the crash bug too where you click the Games link under Menu and it switches over to the Appstore and then when you try to go back in, it gives you the popup noting how many coins your tower earned while you were away, but clicking anywhere on the screen just crashes it back to the device desktop. (iPad2 here). Tried killing the task out of the multitask menu but that still didn't resolve it. :(

6. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Are you connected to the internet on your device?

7. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    I had that too but it's solved easily by reinstalling the app. At first I was afraid it would wipe out my progress but it turns out that GC saves everything.

8. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Oh I understand. Its not detrimental by any means. But I am on my phone by day and my ipad while lounging around at night. After playing a bit, its kind of fun having two towers.

9. Meyari

Meyari Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    My Imaginary Nation, USA
    I had this problem too, on my iPod 3 with current iOS. I tried killing all of my apps and shutting down my iPod and nothing worked. After just restarting the app many, many times, it finally stopped crashing(for now anyway).
    Also, I'm not online. We don't have wifi at my house.

I haven't been playing for long, but I really enjoy this game! (I think I'm having too much fun ferrying everyone up to their floors. XD )

10. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    #110 CygnetSeven, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
    How are all these unemployed people able to pass credit checks on my apartment buildings??? :mad::mad::D

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah I mentioned this earlier in the topic, there seems to be a crash bug when playing offline. Getting online appears to be the only fix for the time being, and if you come back offline it's just a matter of time until it crashes again.

I'm still enjoying the hell out of it, despite having to keep WiFi on when usually I'd turn it off. Definitely needs a fix though.

12. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    We won't submit the first update until I track this down.

13. Jellowpy

Jellowpy Active Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Hmm weird thing happened to me after i downloaded the app then went on with the tutorial i did not use the bux to hurry up the construction of mynbuilding so ive waited for 30mins upon coming back my floor is finished check game center friends then was surprised to found out that after checking back on my hotel iam now 14 floors up??? Weird did someone already playing with my game center account?? Or my account are tied with my game center friends???

Since it was too weird for me i just restarted my game and ill see what will happen

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #114 backtothis, Jun 23, 2011
    Freemium done right in every way. Didn't play more than 15 minutes of Pocket Frogs, but I'm already pretty crazy about this one. Love the graphics, love the premise, and honestly, it's fun. Usually hate this kind of freemium time management games, but Tiny Towers is a winner in my book.

Edit: Just evicted one of my workers on accident. Noooooo!

Love the simplicity, yet how there's so much to do. Bitbook is hilarious xD.

15. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    #115 nesio718, Jun 23, 2011
    Jellowpy and I have the exact same stores and apartments on the exact same levels. So much for randomization.

16. Deltacows1

Deltacows1 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Just because something is random doesn't mean the same numbers can't come up identical in two situations.

17. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    Love the day/night cycle! Also,

[​IMG]

Does anyone know how often you collect rent, and how the cost is determined?

18. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Once a day, 100 coins per bitizen.

19. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    #119 KiddToKmart, Jun 23, 2011
    It seems like ages I have to wait for the gold to start coming in so I can build things. I've started the game just a few minutes ago and built the place up to level 4. Every now and then i'm earning coins from the Frozen Yogurt and Laundromat floors I have so far, only to see those coins go back into restocking the stores. I don't seem to be making any profits.

So early in the game, yet the next floor costing 3,750 gold seems so, so far away. What am I missing? And are there any stores in particular which net more gold/cash than others?

20. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #120 backtothis, Jun 23, 2011
    Check out the stats of your workers, and put them where they belong. I got to 5,000 coins in 25 minutes. Make sure you have five people hired. Stock up on everything offered in the stores; you get new options as you hire more employees. Use your Bux early on to get your tower going. You can save up later.