beta test signup for Tanuki Forest

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jake-gumbleton, Nov 28, 2013.

1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    No news about this game? Will it come out soon?

2. Jake-gumbleton

Jake-gumbleton Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Freelance concept artist
    Uk
    hi all.
    Apologies for everything going quiet! We are hoping to release a new build tomorrow!
    We have tweaked the responsiveness and are very near done with it now.
    Thanks for your patience!
    Jake

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Awesome news!

4. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #44 Lazer Kat, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    Great.
    I was hoping this was still releasing soon.
    This is the rare case where I will buy the app on day-1 even though I tested it (unless you guys do like some others and give codes to the testers)
    I really hope the sensitivity tweaks make the difference, because that was the only real negative I found.

Another thing that I would really like is some sort of mini-games that allowed you to win different things for your tree/forest/etc. I just think that some sort of alternative that broke up the monotony of the main gameplay would go along way. Almost all of my favorite runners have at least some sort of 2nd mode that gives you relief from the constant running. The collection aspect of TF is great for that, and adds replay value...but I'd still like an alternate gameplay method. I know this would be a lot of work, so possibly it could be considered for future updates. I think a social aspect where possibly you could trade decorations with your friends and share your layout would be very cool and great marketing!!!
    I also think that maybe a place where you could pay coins to use a slot machine or buy scratch-off tickets that awarded you currency/power ups/decorations would work.

Anyway. Just sort of brain-storming/rambling up ^there^

Great game.
    Good luck.

I love it and I didn't even know it was related or inspired by any anime (or that Tanuki was anime).

5. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Lovely, I was sooooo looking forward to it and I will buy it on day 1 for sure too! Please keep us inform and let us know when it will come out, I can't wait!

6. Jake-gumbleton

Nov 22, 2012
    Freelance concept artist
    Uk
    #46 Jake-gumbleton, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    thanks yous guys!
    I updated the screenshots on page 1 with some iphone 5 grabs.
    There has been a slight delay with getting the latest build out to the beta list. It will be next week now.
    Thanks!
    Jake

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    The creeks look great! Thanks for the updates, I look forward to trying the new build when it's out

8. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Have you guys given an estimated release date or time-frame?
    Spring 2014?

9. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    This game looks so much like Ghibli, the forest like Mononoke, the tanuki like Ponpoko, the gates like Spirit away and those little white heads like in Mononoke. I just love it, I will buy it on day one for sure, can't wait ^^ if you need more beta testers, I'm definitely in, already signed up

10. Jake-gumbleton

Nov 22, 2012
    Freelance concept artist
    Uk
    Hi guys!

Lazer kat: yes i think we should be out before the spring, fingers crossed :D
    JCho133: thanks :D Let us know how you find the tweaked control sensitivity!

We put out a couple of new builds this week. Last nights had a good chunk of bug fixes in it.

How do you all find the controls now? They feel pretty spot on to me now?

djstout: Glad you are enjoying how it looks did you receive the new builds so you can play now?

We are very nearly done now so please do let us know if you have any more feedback !