Universal Legends of Yore (by Coke and Code)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by starjimstar, May 3, 2011.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Hey Kev, love the new graphical touches in the dungeons. It really looks nice with the shrines and thrones and all the other nice looking little details. Keep up all the great work, I Love This Game!:D

2. kevglass

kevglass Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    Glad you're enjoying - the last update brought a lot of performance improvements for iOS, the next one is pending with Apple and is going to give you guys Pets! :)

Kev

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Very nice, Thank you for the info on the newest update. :)

4. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Hey everyone, enjoying the free version so far but I have a question. Does the game ever get difficult later on? It seems way too easy atm.

5. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    It gets more difficult for sure, but it's never intended to be as hard as a roguelike (though you can turn Hardcore and Permadeath on in the options to make it so)

Cheers,

Kev

6. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    The new version has been pushed to the appstore, it features:

- 41,000 tiles of overland map
    - 25+ dungeons
    - 300+ monsters
    - 300+ items
    - 40+ quests
    - 6 character classes
    - 9 pets
    - Crafting
    - Treasure maps

Cheers,

Kev

7. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    that's a huge update! thank you!!

8. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Sounds like an awesome update. :) Thanks!

9. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    #149 AlteaineDranix, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
    I'd just like to clarify two things before I purchase this game. Do the numbers specified in the update log above for dungeons, monsters, items and quests refer to unique types thereof? And how random are the world [randomly generated upon first loading then saved as a world or randomly generated as you go along] and the things in it [quests, items, monsters et cetera]?

10. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    i can not confirm nor deny the numbers specified in the update info, but i do trust the developers very much and I'm blindly believing this even without checking. This is a great rogue/dungeon game. if you like sword of fargoal (or, to lesser extent, 100 rogues) then you would love this game. especially if you favor pixelated sprites. :)

11. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    i don't like fargoal (mainly because i think the sprites are ****) but i love 100 rogues and I love legends of yore too. You could also play the web based version without downloading anything to try it out! Save game syncs across multiple devices.

12. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    #152 AlteaineDranix, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
    I'm somewhat more concerned about the extent of randomization, though. Are the maps, items, quests, dungeons and such randomly generated in each play through?
    I've always loved roguelikes, equally for their gameplay and randomized nature. It's kind of why I'm so fixated on the latter. ^^

spyky: I didn't like Sword of Fargoal mainly because I had a difficult time with the controls and 100 Rogues was far too IAP-based for my taste. The only iOS roguelike I've loved is Mysterious Castle, but I like having options.
    The only device I have is my iPad, so I won't be able to try the web version, unfortunately.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, my first question was a bit silly. Never mind.
    Actually, I'm fine with just randomized dungeons and quests. Would this have those and does it have a storyline of any kind?

13. kevglass

May 3, 2011
    Quick update, I've just pushed the next update onto Apple - just waiting for approval.

This one include a tonne of new things including the final game quest that lets your become a Legend of Yore.

Cheers,

Kev

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just found out about this game and it looks amazing! Waiting for the update to push live then i'll give this game a shot. :)

15. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009

Looking forward to it. Will the update be available for android as well?

16. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Map of First Area (DRAFT: March 15)

Hello, all:

I love this Legends of Yore game. I created a map of the first area. Feel free to use it, as you see fit. I am updating this as I gain XP (I am level 48).

Thanks,
    Robert

Attached Files:

17. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Map of First Two Areas (March 15, 2012)

Here are the latest versions of the maps of the first two areas. I'm level 48 so as I explore more of this world, I'll update these maps.

Attached Files:

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    These are great, thanks for the maps! :)

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I couldnt wait for the updates to go live... So i bought :D

EDIT: I like it a lot. This is one of the most decent dungeon crawlers i've played in a while. Only played for about 20 mins, but it was 20 mins well spent.

20. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I've played up to level 20, the game is sort of addictive, but it is awfully light. I played as a warrior (maybe a mistake) and there are hardly any choices. Run up to enemies and bash them. Carry around an almost infinite number of healing potions, and quaff them as needed. Teleport back to town when you've picked up enough equipment, to sell it and buy more potions. I waited a long time to get one special skill, Shield Bash, and it seems useless. The equipment only has one or two ratings so it's always clear what's best to use. I don't mind supporting the developer by purchasing the full version, but I'm not sure I actually want to play any more.