Exorcist - 3D Dark medieval action.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FunnyFaceGames, Nov 14, 2011.

1. #1 FunnyFaceGames, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    Our small team is proud to announce our upcoming game.

Brief description:

Exorcist is a 3D dark fantasy-themed shooter game featuring fast gameplay and stylish 3D graphics. The player has to take control of a lone heroine fighting with the help of magic and ranged weapons to cleanse the world from evil creatures and corruption. The journey begins in the damned city and continues through 5 locations in order for heroine to reach her final goal - to face and defeat the main boss.

The player has four equipment slots: one for ranged weapons, one for items and two for magic. All magic, bullets and items are consumable. Enemies approach in waves (each subsequent wave is stronger than previous) and drop money upon their death which can be used to buy updrades and items. While proceeding through the locations the player is leveling up and granted for more powerful abilities.

The game supposed to have free to play monetization.

- Fast and challenging gameplay;
    - Convinient point-and-click controls;
    - Nice HD 3D graphics and rock music for soundtrack;
    - Special attacks and consumables (magic and potions);
    - Variety of equipment (armor and ranged weapons);
    - Leveling up system and upgrades for equipment and abilities;
    - 100+ waves of enemies on 5 different locations;
    - The main boss awaits the player at the last location;
    - Open feint support.

ETA: early 2012

Android launch video

first gameplay video

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #2 undeadcow, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
    The only thing missing is Linda Blair. Looks promising. Forget holy water, this exorcist uses a crossbow and huge breasts to purge demons. You might consider a name change because aside from sounding cool this has nothing to do with exorcism so rings hollow.

Otherwise I would buy this and am interested in any beta testing possibilities that might arise.

Will there be RPG style character upgrading? Gameplay videos are always appreciated around here.

3. SMG

SMG New Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Diablo it is cool.Looking forward to this project.

4. Yeah, maybe we should.
    BTW "Exorcism is the act of driving out, or warding off, demons, or evil spirits, from persons, places, or things, which are believed to be possessed or infested by them, or are liable to become victims or instruments of their malice"
    In this case our hero "driving out demons from place"

As soon as beta testing arise (i hope it will be) you will be invited.

Yes, some sort of a level up and upgrading passive abilities will be present.
    The video will be here as soon as possible.

Sorry for my bad English.

5. I have added small video with gameplay.
    (have updated first post)

6. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #6 undeadcow, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
    The video looks good... can you elaborate on the mechanics of the "point-and-click controls"? It is insane there is not more buzz in this thread.

7. Thank you for your interest.
    By "point-and-click control" we are mean that -this is a control like in the "Dangeon hunter" or the "Diablo".
    Player have to click on the ground pointing out the place for moving. Then character will move to this point.
    Or player can just hold point on the screen pointing general direction of moving.
    Also player will be able select target this way, but for now we have auto-aim system.

Thank you for this.
    In my experience lack of comments means that everything is good (at least not bad). =)

P.S
    Sorry for lame English again, i'm working on it. =)

8. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    How's this coming?

It would probably be well worth the effort to focus on a campaign mode rather than just survival. I know I'd pay more for a good Diablo style campaign.

9. Thank you for your interest. BTW we'd be very happy do the campaign, but we are really small team (3 person exactly) with self funding.

FYI we have recently put the first version of our game on Android Market to see how it will work. I have updated the initial post with video.

You can found Android version by link if you interesting to
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.funnyface.exorcist

10. BlindingLights

BlindingLights Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2011
    When I first saw the thread title I thought this was a game about The Exorcist, disappointed :(

At the thread, the game actually looks kinda cool.

11. Thanks.
    By the way, we really did not know about the movie when given the name for our game.We were inspired mostly by anime where the term is used for such combat guys.=)

12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    How far off is an iOS release?

13. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    If you're willing to do a beta test, let me know. I'd love to help in the bug/glitch removal.

14. We have released the Android version earlier than the iOS one because it is easy to update it frequently and use feedback for developing.
    At present we are going to gradually add more content to the game and totaly concentrate on the iOS version.
    Concerning the testing process - right now we are trying to contact some iOS publishers and we expect them to manage the whole matter. (In the fact we do not have much experience in making builds for others.)

But ETA is same as before - early 2012 =)

15. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    How Exorcist for iOS coming? Is it "early 2012" yet?

16. Platt

Platt Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    TX, USA
    If you are still having testing lemme know:)

17. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Been playing the Exorcist (on Android) and it's a fun shooter with cool music tracks. I was wondering if your going to have more than just the crossbow type as a weapon?

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    When beta testing, look me up, and I will help you with that!
    Thanks!

19. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Unfortunately it seems these developers have been missing in action since December. Fingers crossed for an iOS release.