Surreal System Unreal Engine Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Surrealness, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    What title do surreal looks like?? I mean what's your inspiration? Because the two videos didn't show enought for me to have any idea of the gameplay but i think it looks a little like bioshock or wolfenstein!! That would be awesome thought! Anyway your game seems like an instabuy for me the first day!!!

2. Surrealness

Surrealness Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Thank you! We take inspiration in gameplay from open-ended fps. Meaning giving the player the option to play the game their way. Hopefully setting a Dishonored/Deus Ex feel in terms of sandbox-esque environments that allow options and choices.:)

3. Cronchigon

Cronchigon Member

Dec 11, 2011
    This game looks so good man :)

4. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    Damn!!!! That sounds too good to be real on our platform !! That justify the title "surreal" lol!! Just waiting for more videos or screenshots With in game actions!!!

5. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    We will have more gameplay soon including a full playthrough of the first 2 levels!

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    How many levels are there in total?

7. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Any update on this?

8. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    MC4 is also ran on an engine Gameloft has been using for years, and I'm sure that mamoth of a company dumped some cash into optimizations.

9. Wikilix

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Good point. But Whether or not this company has the optimizing ability is beyond me.

10. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    New Update

Yes we will be optimizing it immensely for IOS.

DEVELOPER DIARY WEEK 1​

The game is in a WIP stage and thus graphics and gameplay are not final and do not represent the quality of the completed game.

Be sure to watch in HD!​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. lazynahte

lazynahte Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Student
    This game screams BioShock to me... Hopefully it's just as good.

12. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    OMG!!! its like Bioshock in almost everyway! Cant wait to play it ios needs more games like this! thank u so much for this and the best of luck for u guys!

13. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    #73 AlexsIpad, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    I think that room with all the water IS bioshock haha, looks exactly like the start of bioshock infinite

Is this still aimed for 2013? Can't wait it looks so good :D

14. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    #74 Surrealness, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    Thank you for all of the continued support! It is quite an honor to be compared to such an amazing franchise! We, however, are not trying to "copy and paste" Bioshock.

let me explain:

The gameplay and the aesthetic of Merva(The City) are inspired by Bioshock, however I think you will be pleasantly surprised when the game is released to find that it is unique and different in it's own way.

The story is the main difference between the two. Surreal System has a deep and interesting story that is unique and its own.

Gameplay also varies in the sense that there are no "plasmids" or "adam" but rather simpler systems of obtaining and smartly using energy from dead enemies with some of the powers costing health depending on the affectivness of the power. These are not "obtained" rather they were infused into the player. One must be careful to watch vitals and make decisions accordingly.

The environment in Merva is based on Art Deco, yet I have always had a fascination with it my whole life, even before Bioshock.

The Spire is far different but I won't spoil that.

So this game is for those tired of generic shooters with no story and stale gameplay. We want to
    introduce new, interesting and varied environments, invoke awe in our story that's ending will leave you thinking about it long after it ends, and create rewarding gameplay that is both fun and accessible but also challenging and intense!

Hope everyone is having a good day! :)

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Really interested in this. What's the release window (if any) and pricing?

16. looking really sweet, there's gonna be so many scifi fps between me, you, and crescent moon games hopefully the gamers will be satisfied... lol looking good.

17. Wikilix

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    This is from back from December but he did say "Q3 at the latest"

18. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Hopefully somewhere in october-november of this year!

19. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    This game looks too much hardcore for iOS, don't want my iPad blowing up when I play this game.
    But seriously now, looks amazing and if story is good, it will be more than amazing.Please premium price with no IAP :)

20. Sharontung66

Sharontung66 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    I've never been into shooter games; I'm more of an thinking adventure/puzzler kind of gamer. However, after having watched your video of your thoughts in the making of the Surreal System and explaining some of the technical aspects of it, I was blown away by its high-toned beauty and exquisite detail. I have to say, it looks intriguing, compelling, and thoughtfully well-made. It will be the first shoot-em-up (and probably the only one) I will add to my game inventory. I hope that you intend to incorporate some puzzle-solving, mystery aspects to Surreal.

Keep up the amazing work. You've definitely made me a true fan of Flying M Games. I look forward to purchasing and playing Surreal System.