Graphics vs Content

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by thegraywolf, Feb 18, 2014.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The mere thought of facing 101 Windows updates, 102 Virus updates, and 103 Firewall updates have me here in iOS land...

2. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I've ran on PC for twenty-years with windows update disabled and no active firewall and the very few, very few, viruses I've ever gotten were absolutely my own fault, even with streaming media and torrents.

Also, to the topic. Content, period. Right now I'm really enjoying "A Dark Room" and I'd love to see more ASCII exploration RL's on this system. I'd pay a major premium for Doom RL.

3. Charli3

Charli3 New Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Canada, Montreal
    I think it's important to make the distinction between graphic and aesthetic (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oK8UTRgvJU). Regarding gameplay and aesthetic I think they go hand in hand. You want to develop your aesthetic with the kind of experience you have in mind for the player.
    I think the Bronxta's post illustrate that perfectly :) Amazing aesthetic! And you can feel what kind of gameplay you'll experience just by looking at the art style.

4. thegraywolf

thegraywolf Active Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Hmm interesting. I love the art, will give it a try :) Thanks for sharing.

Going back to the topic, it all falls back to what we want to experience. Whether to be amazed by great visuals or just be part of the story. If perfectly put together, do you think this would the beginning of the virtual world. Virtual people in a virtual reality..