Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippoz

zippoz Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I hate asking this question here, but how will the high end android version hold up?

2. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    We have future plans for Android but right now is out of scope for us. Once we get a stable solid iOS version with several updates then yeah, we will look at Android market. :)

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #2023 JBRUU, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    Is all of the game taking place in that hospital building or will there be different environments? Or is that a "cannot answer" question? ;)

I heard that unity based games are fairly easy to port to android. I may have heard wrong, though.

Looks like the 5 and iPad 3 are identical when both are pushing 1080p. Awesome.

You aren't going full retina for the new iPad, right? Just 1080p with full effects? Roughly what framerates do you think the A5, A5X and A6 devices will be getting?

4. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    There was a video shown not that long ago with gameplay outside, it could of been just outside the hospital building though.

5. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    You have 6 different environments not just the hospital, but outside areas, sewers, etc (that i can't comment too much on it). :D
    Yes, that's true for building shaders (the one that comes with Unity by default) but we are using custom lighting models and very specific/optimized shaders. Unity build-in effects are heavy and very larges but they work on every platform. Our shaders are really optimized and requires particular attention on the target platform. Android supports OpenGL ES but there's more than just API drivers, there's also hardware vendors, drivers quality, Os revisions, etc to deal with. To give you an idea, we aren't even using the build-in light's that comes with Unity. I've implemented a lighting system that computes all pixel lights in one single pass. All our pixel shaders uses that lighting system.
    Same for the shadow system, Unity currently doesn't support shadows on mobile, I've written entirely from scratch tanks to the flexible rendering system in Unity. So yeah, we will get a look into the Android platform as soon as the iOS version (plus some solid updates) where done.
    Full resolution on iPad3/iPhone5 + AA. Full textures, shaders and effects (shadows, etc). Right now, we are topping 60fps on iPhone5. iPhone4S we get at least 24fps on heavy scenes (which is good). :cool:
    Cheers,

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Wow. Thanks a ton for that response, answered a lot of my questions. If I've said it a million times I'll say it again, can't wait for this game.

7. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Hi, Avid iOS gamer here; I've been feeling a bit neglected for my iPhone 4, I don't have the money right now to buy a new iPhone 5 or even a 4S, so my question is, will there be iPhone 4 support, and if so what graphics will be cut and what FPS am I looking at?

8. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Yes, there's support for iPhone4, the resolution is reduced, only one post-process, no shadows, smaller textures resolutions, the flashlight will work but won't run as fast/smooth as newer devices.

9. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Every enemy encounter is very unique (and stressful). They can surprise you in many ways. In my next video (that will come in the coming days) I'll highlight some stealth techniques from the "hide & seek" system to evade/hide enemies/monsters (while they are patrolling, wandering or even looking for you)! :)
    Furthermore I'm going to show you "la creme de la creme", mini-bosses and huge-boss fights (which are even more interesting than enemies fights) alongside some puzzles/riddles that you'll encounter in Forgotten Memories.
    There's more interesting gameplay stuff that I'll keep for the final gameplay video (which will be part of the game trailer)! ;)
    Stay tuned for more!
    Warm regard from Psychoz Team!

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #2030 JBRUU, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
    Got (another) question here.

Is that 24 fps for the 4s going to be in the final build or are you not in the optimization stage yet? My understanding is that the a5 chip will get less effects but overall the same framerate as the a6 and a5x.

And do you consider the a6 and/or the a5x as massive an upgrade over the a5 as the a5 was over the a4 chip? We're having a little debate over this in another thread and any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

11. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    The gameplay looks nice. Been somewhat of a horror game fan.

12. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Right now 24 fps (on super heavy scenes) but it runs on the 30fps range in almost every scene. Optimization phase will let us get closer to 30fps (for the heavy scenes).
    Yes, it truly really worth the upgrade. The game runs flat 60 fps everywhere with everything at max while 4S doesn't have everything at max and it hardly cross the 30fps bar.

13. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Hi, I've watched this thread for well over a year now and I believe there was word of this game being optimized for PSV. I'm just wondering, is that really in the works?

Anyway the game still looks great and sorry if it's already been asked! :)

14. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    We will optimize FM to whatever platform it gets ported, that's for sure! But with PSV it really depends on Sony. Forgotten Memories really fits nice on a PSV and we going to send them a version of FM soon to see if they are interested in it. :)

15. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Ah, I won't hold my breath, then. Thanks anyway!

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Sony will approve this. I mean, come on!, Vita users got that stupid Silent Hill: Book of Memories and I'm sure they are still waiting for a real Silent Hill-like game.

17. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    I'm also very confident, Vita is right now in a very danger state and Sony is trying to attract developers into it. We just want to show them a nice version of the game to make their jaw drop to the floor a bit harder! :D

18. Wikilix

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    #2038 Wikilix, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
    ....what's with this other game in the upcoming iphone game section titled "Shattered Memories: Dreams Psycological horror adventure game".....?

19. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I don't know, but that rabbit is actually really scary! Odd how they also titled it with "a psychological horror game"

20. Wikilix

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Just seemed kinda Odd, Both share a very similar title and game genre.