Silent Scope

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by theone1007, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    OK this one better not be an April Fool's joke.

2. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Here's a batch of screens from the iPhone version courtesy of IGN:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks... erm... ok I guess. I suppose givent that it's a port of an old game it was to be expected! Still, hopefully it's better the Metal Gear Solid Touch.

Kris

3. The screenshots remind me of Time Crisis but a sniper version.

4. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I'm a little late but looks like the impressions were ok, not too good not too bad. From the front page article, it still looks like a must have for me. I mean seriously, who doesn't want Silent Scope for the iPhone?

(That was a rhetorical question. Don't respond with me.)

5. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Definite pickup for .99

6. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    #6 pante, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
  7. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    what?
    it will be 6.99$

8. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    He was probably joking.

The video looks really, really nice imo. The gameplay seems smooth and the menu screens look well laid out. My only problem: price.

6.99???!?!??!!!?! I mean come on...Konami really needs to stop overpricing their games *cough* [app]Frogger[/app] *cough* and get some quality games and quality prices (i.e. 5.99 USD).

9. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Well, most of these big companies like Konami will want $6.99 for their $1.99 game......We will see if this is the case. If so, I will pass.

10. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    There seems to be a massive delay from when he fires and when the bullet hits.... is this the distance it has to travel?

Also the controls look really hard to use.
    Silent scope calls for some quick shots at times and from that video they look impossible.

Couple that with the overpricing:value for money of MGSTouch... which... dont get me wrong... i enjoy... i just think Konami don't have a clue about their market here.

99p gets you a quality game from chillingo or ngmoco... names you KNOW that will push out a good iphone game... and from those publishers i am happy to pay more once in a while as you can almost guarantee quality.... Konami churn out some rehash of old games and implement them poorly and think that its ok to charge well above what anything else is priced at.

I dont get it.

Although i guess plently of people must be buying them or they would have given up after MGS duck hunt.

11. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Well, MGST did go up to the #10 spot or somewhere around there with that 7.99 price tag. That's a lot of money if you think about it. The shooting delay is probably from the distance, Shooter is kinda like that too.

And yes, Konami needs to really learn about the App Store pricing and such because they're games are pretty much poop for sale.

12. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    wow the video totally changed my mind about this game, it looked cool at first but after watching that it looks like crap...:(

13. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009

Well all big named devs are gonna charge a premium 99% of the time. Even if the game is terrible. MGS was gonna sell no matter how bad it was because of name brand alone. But cant imagine Silent Scope having much success based on the video.

Its not like the game was that popular, I never liked it on consoles myself. The video looks bad, graphics poor for a big dev, and controls seem really slow/sluggish. No way I would pay 7 bucks and I wouldnt expect a price drop either. Im sure some will pay based on it being Konami or anyone that liked this game.

In the end just looks like another lame sniper/shooting game which there are already 10 others just like it for a buck.

14. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    It's a bad habit of these publishing company's that have been around for a while. They've been getting away with releasing half-baked makes and spin-offs of classic originals on various platforms, and now they think they can do the same on the iphone / ipod touch.

15. jaikben

jaikben Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    From konami's fact sheet:

Publisher: Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
    Developer: Konami Digital Entertainment Co. Ltd
    Platform: iPhone, iPod Touch
    Release Date: April 16, 2009
    Genre: Rail Shooter
    Players: 1

Key Features

• Touch screen capabilities featuring tap-to-shoot game controls
    • Multiple gameplay modes including Arcade Mode and Training Mode
    • Arcade ModeとTraining Modeを含んだ複合的なゲームプレイモード
    • Various difficulty levels including Difficulty, Player Life and Branch Select

Yes tommorow :) it is out can't wait

16. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Well i am a bit disappointed to be honest.
    I did really enjoy MGS Touch despite it being very wrongly priced. I think the mecnanics worked incredibly well and resulted in a pretty tactile experience... just a very short one with no replay value.

I was kind of hoping Silent Scope would play in a similar way.... and was relatively excited about it.

I'll have to hold off on an instant purchase until i get to read a handful of impressions on wether it works or not.

17. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Same. I don't want another MSGT incident where I pay 7.99 for a game with only 12 levels. The first 11 were ridiculously easy and the last one they made it ridiculously hard. There's no balance... I really hope this one is better than their other games.