Toucharcade tips successful?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bronxsta, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Was always curious, how seriously does TA take reader tips? Or how often have you suggested games and seen them reviewed?

Sent a tip email for Beat Leap, Cyro, Starborn Anarkist, Asterogue, Line Bound, Wingdot, and Draw Rider Plus and 14px

Still can't believe that Beat Leap and Wingdot haven't been reviewed and it's a shame that DR+ and 14px haven't been reviewed because they're fantastic games that deserve the attention

I can hope, right? But last time I sent tips for Line Bound and Ninjin, took a while for the latter and nothing for the former, so I'm skeptical

2. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I'd absolutely love it if they featured reviews written by the community for games that slipped the net, maybe just one or two a week. You're definitely right that a lot of deserving games get overlooked, I'm going to have to check out a couple of the games you mentioned that I haven't heard of!

There are a handful of members on here that I think could do pretty good reviews and would probably do so happily in their free time. I'd certainly love to do it though I'm most likely too new and therefore untrustworthy. The effect that a front page review has on a game's position on the Hot Games chart is massive and a faster updating news feed can only be a good thing for increasing traffic.

I could be utterly wrong though, it happens often! I'd definitely like to see WingDot, Cyro, Anarkist and Asterogue get shout outs too.

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm even curious to know how often the writers look through the forums here. Because when something like Garfield Kart gets a review before a game that the community is praising such as Continue?9876543210, Galaxy Run, Air Supply Infinite, Squ4re...

4. Yeah, hope wingdot and starborn anarkist both get reviewed, they deserve it.

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I find more brilliant games one these forums than from TA reviews, publishing a community members review every now and then would be a brill idea, maybe for the winner of game of the week thread and then they could select some of the positive comments from that titles individual thread.

Wingdot, beatleap and cyro are some of my fave games but after seeing the low rating dokuro got not sure I'd trust their reviews for purchases.

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The problem with that is it would turn the Game of the Week from a simple fun community-driven contest to a piece of marketing that developers would target.

The writers for Toucharcade for the most part write reviews for games that caught their eye, they picked up and enjoyed playing - just as any member you might suggest would do.

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Bronxsta, try 148apps.com, AppSpy.com or PocketGamer,...

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    When you consider that Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage (published by Rovio Stars) has yet to be reviewed by TA I'd say that all bets are off.