Stuck on N.O.V.A - help!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Errk!, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Errk!

Errk! Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Not sure if this should go in an existing thread or if this is OK - please merge if not.

I'm stuck early on in N.O.V.A. - there is a room on the level (Un)happy To Help where you go into a room through some sliding doors - it's very open and the red monsters just keep generating. The far end of the room has a locked door. I've killed a bunch of them but they just keep coming.

Is there a way to stop them? Or do I just keep killing them until they stop and the door opens?

Thanks for your help...I don't play a lot of FPS so I'm a bit of a n00b.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Hang in there and keep firing. :]

3. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    #3 MexicanJesus, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
    The game is like Zelda where you have to do EVERYTHING before the door wants to unlock. :p you probably just have to keep killing them unless you see crystals, destroy those first. That is how they spawn on some levels so if yoou see crystals them shot them unt they disappear. Also look for stationary machine gun turrets. They are often around and needed to kill large hoards. If you are in a room where the far wall is a window there is a turrett on the right side corner.

Edit: after reading I think you are in the room where you are saving the marines despite your orders not to correct? Jump on the machine gun and just lay waste to everything. If you are stuck, just ignore that room as it's an optional objective and you can still go on without doing it. (but it alters the ending[but not gameplays])

4. Errk!

Errk! Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I don't think so...It's early in the game. You open the door and the monsters kill a guy then start firing at you. I don't see anyone else in the room.

Haha - thanks. I'm trying but just not getting anywhere! It's getting frustrating...is there some kind of strategy to it? I usually kill about 4 or 5 of them before they finally get me.

5. jxjja

jxjja Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    You have to kill like 15-20 of them so just keep firing.

6. Errk!

Errk! Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Crap.

Is there a good place to stand while doing it? How do you avoid getting blasted?

7. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    its easy, just keep shooting them the second they pop up