Mr Qwak - Retro Racing [universal app] - by veteran Amiga dev..

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mr Qwak, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Mr Qwak

Mr Qwak Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    Retro Racing is our second release on iOS, following on from our puzzle arcade platformer ‘Qwak’.

First choose your car, then skid, slide, spin, hustle and race your way around the track at break neck speed. Collect power-ups along the track for more speed, acceleration, grip, and nitro boosts. Master the perfect racing line, and speed your way to victory in this adrenaline pumping top-down racer for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

Made by the same guy (me); who also created the much loved, classic Amiga top-down racers, Nitro (Psygnosis, 1990) and A.T.R. (Team17, 1995).

Should be available on the App Store mid to late Febraury. More information and game-play video can be found here:

http://www.mrqwak.com/games/retroracing/

(we also have a newsletter if you want to get instant notification of release).

Thanks,

Screens from Retro Racing on iPhone:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screens from Retro Racing on iPad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Looking forward to this, Qwak is a retro classic and this just seems to ooze gameplay.

3. Mr Qwak

May 23, 2010
    Ah yeah, and just noticing your signature; I've taken delivery of a shiney new iCade. I completely *love* it, just been trying out some of my fave old arcade classics on iMame.

4. Mr Qwak

May 23, 2010
    Retro Racing has been approved and we now have a firm release date, which is Thursday 23rd February.

5. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Wow, this looks great! I hope it plays well!

6. Mr Qwak

May 23, 2010
    Thanks! Plays good too. :)

Still have some promo codes for anyone in the press wanting to review..

7. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Just stopped by this thread, and I like what I see. The trailer shows some good gameplay so I'm all in. Looking forward to the release.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    PM sent!

9. Piascyk

Piascyk Member

Dec 19, 2010
    3D Environment Modeler
    Thanks for the perfect racer Qwak, really beautiful controls just like the oldies. Also I beat your score on race 3 =) Can't wait to see the next game.