Aspects - A Player Versus Player Tower Defence Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by aeonbringer, Aug 15, 2013.

1. aeonbringer

aeonbringer Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Sunnyvale
    #1 aeonbringer, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    Hi, all the tower defence fans!

I'm Alex, part of Sabaton Games, a team of developers who grew up with games and passionate about games, wanting to bring the PC/Console depth of gameplay to the mobile platform. Our main motivation was never money or sales but creating great games where players will enjoy playing.

Aspects is a Tower War type of games like Line Tower Wars or Wintermaul Wars if you are familiar with them. To those not familiar with the gameplay. You don't just build towers to defend against enemies, but at the same time, you send creeps at enemies at opposing side. The more you send, the more long term income you get, giving you a long term advantage. This creates an intricate balance that gives rise to many interesting strategies.

Here are some of the preview art/screenshot (some of the texts are just placeholders):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are also partnering with Hexany Audio, some of the best music/sound folks we know for our music/sound.
    Here's some preview music:
    https://soundcloud.com/aeonbringer/aspect-main-theme

Official Trailer:

Since we really want to make games that people love to play. We would appreciate any forms of feedback or suggestions to make our game better (We love brutal honesty ;)).

We are looking for beta players as well. Let me know if you are interested!

2. WildBastion

WildBastion Active Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Well those screenshots look awesome. I love the visual style you've got going.

I would beta test, but im afraid i would be unreliable with it , always lots to do :p

If the game is well polished, and had locaI/pass and play multiplayer I would pay $3.99
    for this easily. (without iap ofc)

Hopefully it would have offline/campaign mode with variable difficulty, and enough heroes/factions/etc. to be fresh each time you play.

Here's wishin you well!!

3. aeonbringer

aeonbringer Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Sunnyvale
    Thanks a lot for the interest!

Yes we actually have local bluetooth/wifi multiplayer, in fact we are building the local multiplayer first because we realised that that is what makes this really fun - when you have friends playing against each other face to face and watching your friend curse as you send over a huge tower destroying creature.

It does have campaign mode as well, with 2 chapters, 10 mission each on release.

We have most things done, but we are really trying to polish it down to mirror-shine right now before we release to our players.

You could follow us here:
    https://www.facebook.com/sabatongames
    Which includes instructions for testflight testing instructions as well.

Our trailer is going to be up soon as well.
    Thanks for the encouragements!

4. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Is testing phase is on? I saw comment on FB was "We will stop sending new build updates via email for Betas. "

5. aeonbringer

aeonbringer Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Sunnyvale
    Hi Max, yes it's still on. That comment just means that we don't send notifications via email because it could be rather annoying sometimes for our testers to receive 5-6 emails a day on build updates. We will still continue pushing up updates. It just means that you could go on testflight and download the latest version when you want to.

6. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I sent my applied :)

7. aeonbringer

aeonbringer Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Sunnyvale
    Thanks Max! You should've been added as a tester already. Let us know if you have any thoughts or feedbacks about the game.

8. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I just sent you my comment through testflight

9. aeonbringer

aeonbringer Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Sunnyvale
    Hi Max, we saw that. That is some great feedback and is really helpful to us!

You actually can't defeat the enemy in level 2, the goal is to just get income from sending stuff. And description of creeps are shown at the start or when you hold your finger on the creep.

However, the fact that you don't know of them means they are probably not obvious enough. We are implementing stuff to make it a lot clearer to the players.

10. aeonbringer

aeonbringer Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Sunnyvale
    As the game is near it's release. We have uploaded the official trailer video. Enjoy!