A Dark Room RPG Promo Code Give Away Round 2 [iPhone, iOS7]

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by amirrajan, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Gramku

Gramku New Member

Jan 31, 2014
    The game looks great. I can't wait to have an opportunity to play it. I'm sure it will be great if you spent 100 hours playtesting and getting everything right. I've never played the web version of A Dark Room, so I'm excited to try this version out.

2. amirrajan

amirrajan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
    3 Codes left

Gramku was awarded a promo code. Only 3 left :)

3. Rare

Rare Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Just completed the game and have a few questions. I'll pm you. Great game!

4. amirrajan

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
    Sounds good Rare.

5. amirrajan

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
    Still 3 codes left. I'll check back tomorrow and award some more. Have a good night everyone.

6. Bone16

Bone16 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    I had no idea that the iPhone could do so much to help the blind. I knew it had text to speech but I never imagined a blind person could actually play a full blown game. Thanks for opening my eyes and kudos to you!

7. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Thankyou for the info. As this may help some of the blind old folk in my neighborhood. Never really knew that the blind could play.

8. amirrajan

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
    1 code left!

Bone16 and Anonomation have been awarded promo codes. Only one left!

9. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I didn't know it had an ending, very addicting, really good.

10. amirrajan

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
    There's also an alternate ending.

try beating the game without ever building a hut

I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

11. amirrajan

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
    Only one code left. I'll check back tomorrow to see if there are any winners. Good night!

12. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    I frequently make use of both the voice-to-text and text-to-voice on iPad. The first helps when my hand tremors make screen typing too hit or miss, and the later is just handy when my eyes get tired while reading.
    I hope I won't need to make use of the blind helps at some point, but it's great to know they're already there for daily use, as well as for use with games like yours, and to a lesser degree, that titles like Papa Sangre 1 and 2 and The Nightjar don't all need graphics and sight to be played and enjoyed.
    I'll be buying this game in the next couple days so don't put me in the running.

13. amirrajan

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
    Please let me know if you change your mind. I'd be happy to send you a promo code any time (whether there is a contest running or not).

14. amirrajan

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
    1 code left. And the last day for the contest.

1 code left and the last day for the contest. I'll check back throughout the day to award the final winner.

15. amirrajan

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
    Contest over.

One code went unclaimed (oh well :) ). For those that were awarded a promo code, I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks to everyone for the comments so far.

16. LousyHero

LousyHero Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    I realize the contest is over. I just happened to stumble on this thread and wanted to say that the game being accessible to blind gamers is pretty amazing. I think one of my greatest fears would be going blind, most if not all of the activities I do require sight. I realize that may seem like an obvious thing, but the fact that so many people take it for granted makes it even more amazing to me that people who cannot see live such fullfilling lives. I think its fantastic that there has been a number of games now that let blind people experience the joy of gaming. As a hobby that i have spent a large part of my life involved in, it makes me very happy that developers like you have adapted the medium to be played in this way. So kudos to you, and all the others, keep up the good work. Btw I love the idea of stoking a fire at the start of the game, as an avid camper thats one of my favorite things to do :p

17. CurtainGuy

CurtainGuy New Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Bummer! Just missed the promo. Was very excited to try this out. Oh well, I'm sure I will at some point in the future either way.