Star Defense from ngmoco:)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ngMorgan, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ngMorgan

ngMorgan New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Hi Everyone-

I'm a producer at ngmoco and am heading up development of our next title, Star Defense. I know a lot of you have been following our blog updates and checking out our trailers, so I thought I'd jump into the fray to talk more about our game.

As you've already seen in our trailers, we're really trying to push forward on the graphics side, but the 3D worlds also add a whole new layer of interesting nuance to the strategy, as well. The planets allow us to increase the total size of the maps and changes the way you interact with and utilize the terrain --ultimately transforming the entire play experience.

I'll be stopping by the forums on a regular basis to discuss more about Star Defense and try to answer any questions you might have. And please let me know if there is a part of the game you'd like to get a better look at!

2. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

When is this coming????

3. brendons

brendons Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    lol thats what i was wondering

4. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

lol, yea i want to no too, hopefully not too far away.......

5. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Welcome to the forum. I'd be interested in the interface that you use to select and place defenses. From the trailer, it looks decent enough, but at the same time, I am concerned about how much space/real estate you have and the ease of gameplay.

6. ngMorgan

ngMorgan New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    It will be out in May. Sadly, I can't say more than that right now. But we are in the final stretch. We just had our last round of playtesters in the office yesterday.

7. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Good news!!!! I cant wait, so many good games coming up

8. Elysium

Elysium Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    This isn't really particularly different from having a flat map that you scroll around on to see the whole thing. You're just wrapping the map around a globe so you twist rather than scroll. The main difference seems to be how it affects the range of weapons, whether or not they can shoot around corners of cube planets, but even this is replicated by placement of trees and obstacles on normal TD maps.

The game does look very promising, but I have to say from the trailers it just seems to be lacking a little... I dunno... soul. Mainly the tower firing animations and impacts, they're just lacking something a little hard to describe. With TD games on the whole being so similar in concept, the little things in execution end up making or breaking them.

9. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Has the price been set yet?

10. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    im really looking forward to this game. I love TD games and since i saw some screenshots and videos i want this so badly. HOPE ITS GOOD!!:D:D

11. MojoArcanus

MojoArcanus Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    The game looks awesome!
    I'm really looking forward to it!!!
    As my cousin would say...."CAINT WAIT!!! CAINT WAIT!!!"

12. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Well? :)

13. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I'm very excited for this, it's a definite buy..

My only hope is that it won't be too clunky, and that you can hop into a game easily..

14. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I'm waiting patiently for this and Zenonia. This td game looks very promising from the trailers and info.

15. APPyhourreviews

APPyhourreviews Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    im also wondering about the price. It looks great anyways though, so i may have to get it no matter the cost! Unless its like more than $10 :p

16. ngMorgan

ngMorgan New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    No, we have not set a price yet. But we will be announcing it before the game hits the App Store. I'll certainly let all of you as soon as I am able!

17. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

If it is delayed again, I might cry. Tell Neil if he does not tell us the date, or the price, I will cry.

PLEASE