TA Forums Game of the Week! (Oct 11th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Oct 11, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of October 11th?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2012.
  1. Crazy Taxi

19.3%
  2. Polara

26.0%
  3. Topia World Builder

15.3%
  4. Devil's Attorney

12.7%
  5. Girls Like Robots

10.7%
  6. Funky Smugglers

0.7%
  7. Avernum 6 HD

10.7%
  8. Puwang

4.7%
  1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #1 Echoseven, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    The results from last week are in!
    In first place, with 27 votes - Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin.
    In second place, with 21 votes - Fire Busters.
    In third place, with 16 votes - Dungeon Story.
    Congratulations to all the winners!

Last week's thread:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=158611

The first part is nomination where every member can vote up to 5 games to be included in the poll. 10 games with the most nominations will then be added to the poll on Sunday. Poll will remain open until next Wednesday and whichever game has the max votes, will be the GOTW.

Please note:

1) Devs cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members - no outsiders allowed. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.

Notice of this poll will be given in the threads of all nominated games.

Additional games that spring up in the next few days will be added to the OP, so no worries. Please wait until Thursday to begin giving nominations - this is so that we can get the majority of games listed before making decisions. Feel free to help out and list games I haven't added yet. I'll post the pending NZ releases to alert the community to them.

You can see new games by looking at AppShopper.com and checking the "New" tab.
    http://appshopper.com/games/new/

Major games out this week:

[​IMG] 2012 The End Escape
    Thread Video

[​IMG] Avernum 6 HD
    Thread

[​IMG] BMX Jam
    Thread Video

[​IMG] Crazy Taxi
    Thread Video

[​IMG] Devil's Attorney
    Thread Video

[​IMG] E.T. The Green Planet
    Thread Video

[​IMG] Funky Smugglers
    Thread Video

[​IMG] Girls Like Robots
    Thread Video

[​IMG] Lotsa Blocks
    Thread Video

MONOPOLY Millionaire
    Thread Video

[​IMG] Polara
    Thread Video

[​IMG] Reversion - The Escape
    Thread Video

[​IMG] Space Disorder
    Thread Video

[​IMG] Topia World Builder
    Thread Video

[​IMG] Zombie Gunner
    Thread Video

[​IMG] Captain: Space Privateer
    Thread

[​IMG] Can't Stop
    Thread Video

[​IMG] Puwang
    Thread

Thread Video

2. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    1.Crazy Taxi
    2.Avernum 6
    3.Devil's Attorney
    4.The End Escape

3. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    - Devil's Attorney
    - Girls Like Robots
    - Can't Stop
    - Funky Smugglers
    - Avernum 6 HD

4. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Devils Attorney and Polara...so far. I may add on some more games, but so far these are the standouts for me.

5. snapb202

snapb202 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2012
    I would like to nominate devils attorney

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Polara
    Girls Like Robots
    Funky Smugglers
    Ivy The Kiwi

7. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Crazy Taxi
    Topia

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Polara
    Crazy Taxi

Already 99.9% sure where my vote is going (Clue: it's not a port :) )

9. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    #9 Bloko, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    - Crazy Taxi
    - Polara
    - Ivy The Kiwi
    - MONOPOLY Millionaire

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Polara
    Crazy Taxi
    Funky Smugglers
    Girls Like Robots

Im saving the 5th slot for any out-of-nowhere friday/weekend release, but i think i already know where my GotW goes to.

11. #11 Connector, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    Congrats to Tentacle, well deserving game! I decided to do a review of the second place game Fire Busters so that some of you can get a feel of the game after this votegate thing and all. Give it a try!

Fire Busters Review v1.0

Rating: 4.5/5 stars
    Download size: 29 mb
    Install size: 166 mb

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a fireman? Did you think it was a glamorous job always being the hero and having a nice juicy government pension? Well, now you have the chance to experience it firsthand in the wonderful new action puzzler, Fire Busters, brought to you by Hot Dog Studios.

I would have to classify this game as an action puzzle game since it merges the best of both worlds having the frantic pace and control of an action game mixed with creative puzzle elements. It is similar in that regard to games like Cut the Rope, Follow the Rabbit, and Sprinkle; in that it is essentially a puzzle game requiring dynamic swift movements to control the firetrucks and water pipes on every level.

The gameplay consists of moving firetrucks which spray water, or paint, onto burning buildings and incorporates rotating pipes, much like an Aqueduct game, to change the path of the stream. Because of this, the action is fast and furious with constant swiping and tapping; however, the game includes many puzzle elements in determining the correct way to channel the streams and multiple firetrucks so streams can merge and deflect at different angles.

The most intriguing aspect of the game is the story. Before you save all the homes from the threat of fire, you must water all three of the flowers so that they will bloom and won't die off from the heat from the flames! This is fireman vanity at it's best. And get this, you are putting paint in your water. For what, I've got no idea. It must have some secret flame retardant features known only to the clever developer.

There are a total of 80 levels broken up into 5 different stages each having it's own graphical theme and each adding different barriers and puzzle elements to the gameplay as well. As you progress, you encounter things such as a cat with a shield which will block your streams, a hippo that loves water, water towers that shot water bombs like balloons, and so much more.

There is a paint aspect to this game, and certain levels have paint cans which you need to find. These paint cans are cleverly hidden, so it adds to the puzzle aspect of the game as well. Once you find the paint, you can add them to your fire hose, so the stream coming out will be in different colors, though the paint does not add any functionality to the game which is a little confusing at first. It just makes the game a little prettier and diverse.

This game does not rely on inapps, there is only one real inapp, and that is the ability to buy a water plane which will come and extinguish all flames, essentially a way to cheat and finish a level you can not complete. Kind of a level skip inapp, so it is definitely not required but is available for 99 cents.

The developer has mentioned on the Toucharcade forums that this game was designed so that all gamers, from children and casual players up to older iDevice users. The graphics are cute, the gameplay is fairly simple and easy, but best of all, this game will provide hours of entertainment for almost everyone.

If I had to mention any negatives, it would be the lack of retina iPad graphics. Hopefully the developer will release an HD version in the future. The game is a little on the easy side, but in some ways this can be a positive since the game will never really frustrate you.

This game is a delightful action puzzler, and it really holds it's own to games like Cut the Rope, Angry Birds and Follow the Rabbit. The game has a lot of polish, cute graphics, and it does make you think. If you like puzzlers of this type, this is a must buy for sure! Highly recommended!

See the many screenshots below, swipe left/right to see all of the pictures:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AA2FF02C15E8BE2F!143&authkey=!APSkoKqU-sLyunc

12. jaze

jaze Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Crazy taxi, averum 6

13. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I'm going to have to nominate topia.
    I had high hopes for a few of the games this week.
    Just felt a little dissappointed by them.
    Even if I hadn't been, I would be nominating / voting for Topia anyway.
    Despite it's flaws ( and the fact that it isn't a "game" exactly ) it is incredibly innovative and has so much potential as an idea.

14. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Ok my fifth nomination,Beach Buggy Blitz!!!This might get my vote..hehe

15. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Polara
    Torch Runner (hopefully it gets some more nominations, it's a good game)
    Beach Buggy Blitz

16. Same for me,

Polara
    Crazy taxi

17. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    #17 Janni, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    crazy taxi
    funky smugglers
    polara

two slots still available ;)

EDIT:

last minute nominee "mutants"

18. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    #18 Snozberry, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    Crazy taxi
    Topia

19. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Girls like Robots by far. And then Can't Stop.

20. waxandwane

waxandwane Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Funky Smugglers and Crazy Taxi