Rift Hunter: The Developer Blog!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KingoftheNet, May 6, 2013.

1. KingoftheNet

KingoftheNet Active Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    [​IMG]
    Hi everyone!

Our team is putting the finishing touches on our new mobile game, Rift Hunter, which will be available for iOS in the UK and Germany at the end of May.

Rift Hunter is a 1990’s arcade style beat ‘em up with some very key MMORPG features like parties, guilds, and raids. Players will find themselves in a place plagued with extra-dimensional rifts that are infesting the once peaceful land with strange creatures and their evil masters. Unlike most games in the genre, Rift Hunter does not simply follow a linear story line; additionally, you will have several multiplayer modes and countless challenges for your inner” achievement hunter”. Here are some of the games other key features:

• Arcade Styled Action - Enjoy classic gameplay reminiscent of 1990's beat 'em ups.
    • Co-op Mode – Clear dungeons with your friends or complete strangers across the globe.
    • Smooth Controls – Rift Hunter’s controls are specifically tailored for mobile devices.
    • Competitive PVP – Battle online 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, or even 3 vs. 3 in the Arena.
    • Guild Battles – Special guild tournaments are held regularly.
    • Copious Dungeons – Rift Hunter has over 200 beautiful hand-drawn dungeons.
    • Character Customization – 4 unique classes with advanced skill trees guarantee you will be able to develop your own fighting style.

We’ll be updating this post with more updates, so stay tuned and feel free to ask any questions! In the meantime, check out some screenshots below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    Update 1: The Trailer

Here is Rift Hunter's official trailer, let us know what you think! Also, is anyone interested in participating in beta?

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That looks wicked! Instabuy!

4. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Another instant buy! May is exactly a gd mth!

5. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    Thanks, glad you liked it! Feel free to ask us any questions!

6. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    Actually, the game will be free, so no need to buy anything!

7. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Wow looks like a great game! Is that a werewolf character I saw? It looks like you play as two characters at one time!

8. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    Sindyan,

We will be introducing the playable classes very soon, in the meantime I will confirm that you can indeed play as a werewolf (I always play as the werewolf)! You can't play as two characters at once on your own device, but the game has a robust co-op mode which lets you play with up to 4 friends at once, over the internet. I hope I was able to answer all your questions!

9. sindyan

May 14, 2012
    Cool thanks! The video looked like there was a human and werewolf fighting at the same time. I can't wait for this game!

10. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    Glad to hear it, be sure to tell your friends! Also, our Rift Hunter Facebook page went live today, be sure to like us for updates!

11. yvcgamer

yvcgamer Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Belgium
    This looks pretty cool. I just hope the freemium aspects will be balanced. Will it work on an iPod Touch 4th Gen?

12. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    Yes! I personally tested the game on an iPod Touch 4th Gen!

13. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    Class Introduction: The Werewolf!

Hi Everyone,
    Starting from today, we will be showing off the various classes in Rift Hunter. Be sure to let us know which of the classes you want to play as, anyway, without further ado, here is the first class:

[​IMG]

Class: The Werewolf
    Weapons: Claws, Pure Muscle
    Combat Style: Melee, Crowd Control
    Description: Once a race of savages, the werewolves were educated by the Sirens, and are now the fiercest warriors in the galaxy.

14. sindyan

May 14, 2012
    That is my character! He looks great!

15. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    Class Introduction: The Siren!

Hi Everyone,
    Today’s class is going to be the Siren, be sure to let us know what you think!

[​IMG]

Class: The Siren
    Weapons: Relics, Psyco-kinetic Powers
    Combat Style: AOE, Speed and Agility
    Description: The Sirens are an ancient race possessing powers some would describe as magic. The strength of their powers make up for the Sirens' small size. From birth, each Siren is equipped with a Relic, these Relics amplify their powers, and make powerful throwing weapons!

16. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    These Relics also allow for hot pants and cleavage to be suitable battle atire! Well played!

(Coughs) I'm a big fan of arcade games like Guilty Gear and Metal Slug. I hope to be playing this in the US soon.

17. KingoftheNet

Apr 8, 2013
    Your pocket
    We are having a beta soon, we can send you details when it is ready!

18. Hans Laffinity

May 7, 2013
    #18 Hans Laffinity, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
    Looks awesome sauce :) cant wait to get my filthy hands on it :)

I would be interested in beta :>

19. sindyan

May 14, 2012
    I can't Wait for beta! I would love to join!

20. yvcgamer

yvcgamer Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Belgium
    The Werewolf seems quite cool. Can he be a tank or will there be another class that is more suited for that role?

I'm willing to join the beta too.