Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Thanks I figured it out before I saw this as well. Hopefully this game won't need a help thread like others ;)

2. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008
    hey madfinger just a quick reply. Just saw the first scene and on the second time you are making the setting you are missing the earth time.

I can't remember what it said but it was like:
    Planet Eve,
    Earth Time: October 3,2350, am

its missing the time and just says a.m.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    MADFINGER, stupid request, but in regards to my previous post...could you change the apps name on our devices to SHADOWGUN instead of the current ShadowGun?

4. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008
    hey madfinger just a quick reply. Just saw the first scene and on the second time you are making the setting you are missing the earth time.

I can't remember what it said but it was like:
    Planet Eve,
    Earth Time: October 3,2350, am

its missing the time and just says a.m.

5. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    The wink suggests you know lol.

In the first level they appear early on, they look like Tickers from Gears of War, but rather than be aliens with bombs attached, they're just robots that scuttle toward you in packs of three/four.

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Nooo, I like what it is now! :(

7. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008
    I just got a crash at the part in the first level where the machin gun comes down from the roof. I am on an ipad 2 latest version

8. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    Lol I didnt know .. really..

Guys, its interesting what you can find in the game. I never thought about it as ticker from GoW.. Anyway, kamikadze enemies are long time in games, its not from GoW...

9. wooseokjo

wooseokjo Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    I got a crash on elevator coming down. I tried several times and it finally worked but crashed When the kamikaze enemy hit me and it crashed. Why is only me whos suffering unstabilty? Anyone experiencing crashes like me? It runs exellent but crashes...

10. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    This is true. But given the obvious influences that Gears had on this title, these things scream "Tickers".

It's a great mobile game, an awesome achievement that you should rightly be proud of. However I can't agree with those who say it would be a great 360 or PS3 title, as it's a bit too linear for a full console experience. It excels as it stands now, as a mobile game, and certainly one of the better titles on the App Store.

I'm just trying to be constructive, not slating you guys at all. Features like close combat, projectile weapons (grenades), and being able to roll from danger would be welcome additions if possible on current hardware.

I don't regret the £5.49 I spent, not at all.

11. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    Are you running iOS beta ? What mission it was, first ?

12. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Another crash inside the excavator in the hallway with the grinders at each end. had already killed the guys and was reloading at the end of the hallway

13. wooseokjo

wooseokjo Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    4.3.3 ios, mission2 where u make the elevators come down. I think its the ram problem though. I should maybe downgrade it

14. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008
    also I have noticed that when you are crouched behind an obstacle and change the view around, you still have to pull straight downward on the joystick to get released from the obstacle, even though the view would suggest that you have to pull to the right (away from the obstacle). Not something big but I'm jsut trying to help out as much as possible.

Aside from that, the game runs at high fps and smoothly. A couple audio glitches as well..

Can't wait to finish this game!

15. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008
    ugh another crash once i get into the broadcast tower for the first time. im talking with sara about how there is some hich concentration of chemical x and it crashes

16. Cybertox

Cybertox Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Basketball Player
    Switzerland
    The price is not that low and how can i see there are a lot of crash issues and bugs so i think i will wait some time till i get it for my iPad 2.

17. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008
    It's really not as bad as I am making it seem. I feel like half the time its my fault for doing things the game doesn't want me to do like shoot at random shit or walk around when im supposed to be talking. The game is great and I would recommend it but its your choice to wait i guess.

18. bagofeyes

bagofeyes Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Australia
    This game realllly needs an option for gyroscope aiming :/

19. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    About 3 people have experienced crashes. Out of a few dozen more, myself included, that posted in this thread. I'm pretty sure you're safe.

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah I haven't had one crash on my 4th gen touch, and it has quite a few RAM issues... On ipad2 you should be sittin pretty...