Razor Salvation by Blowfish Studios [Siegecraft Developer]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#1 Sanuku, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
    Facebook Game:

http://apps.facebook.com/razor_salvation

The Code for Team Touch Arcade is 882153126​

[​IMG]

As commander of the dropship "Salvation", you are tasked with rescuing Earth's inhabitants and helping with the EDSF defence effort.

Razor Salvation is the first instalment in a series of games that will take the player along the story of the Xenos and why they have invaded our planet Earth.

Features:
    • DYNAMIC COVER-BASED AI -Enemies exhibit different strategies and duck in and out of cover. Dynamic objects can be blasted around the level and the enemy will continue to find cover behind them! Shoot the Xenos, protect the civilians! Or leave them alone and watch the infected eat them...
    • FIRST PERSON "BEACH HEAD" DEFENCE - Use the classic FPS weapons like grenade launcher, rocket launcher and railgun. Access to awesome specials like the Redeemer!
    • IPAD 3 RETINA - Full 2048 x 1536 resolution real-time 3D and 2D UI graphics.
    • CONSOLE GRADE GRAPHICS - Specular bump mapped textures and full-screen pixel effects for all devices down to iPhone 3GS.
    • PLAYER CREATED FACTIONS - Create your own factions with friends and fight together to be the top performing Faction in the world!
    • FIGHT FOR YOUR REGION - Help your world region to the top of the rankings!
    • UNIQUE LEADERBOARD TITLES - Be the best shooter or savior and show off with the ability to be at the top!
    RAZOR SALVATION!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Wow, the game looks fantastic! It's awesome to know its by Blowfish Studios as well.

3. ben_at_blowfishstudios

ben_at_blowfishstudios Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    #3 ben_at_blowfishstudios, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    [​IMG]

4. Izaya

Izaya Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    8th Grade lol
    Behind You
    This looks great o. O can't wait.

5. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    The Xenos use their alien technology just like us humans and sometimes create standalone machines.

Here is some of the concept art we created to create the Xenos reconnaissance drone:
    [​IMG]

And here is a video capture of the in-game model:

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow, missed this one but it looks great! Awesome graphics and animations

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Looks nice so far but how about the Story Part?

Don`t get me wrong, your Game has been so far a really great Game but as far as I can tell from my Perspective I'm expecting much more in this Case then just another Siegecraft in Space Title.

Looking forward to see more Content about the first Part of the Razor Galaxy...

8. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Sanuku, those points are fair. I can say this game is in no way similar to Siegecraft and both games will continue to be developed and updated. (BTW Siegecraft Egyptians free update is still undergoing development)

The Razor series is going to be focussed on FPS and TPS style games. Each game in the series will experience a slight change-up in gameplay so that if a person plays through all the games they will have a collection of different games that can each be enjoyed without feeling "samey".

We have already nailed down the first 3 gameplay types and how each will progress the Razor story, which I can't really divulge until each game is nearly ready to be shown. There is a datalog that goes with each game, describing the human and alien elements each time.

For Salvation we have taken some of the most fun weapons from popular FPS of old and thrown them into an easy to play shooter. While I can continue to describe the gameplay in Salvation fully here, we think it would be best to be able to let people play it and give us feedback. That is why Blowfish Studios will be holding a closed beta test of RAZOR SALVATION on Facebook.

If you want to be a part of it all you need to do is "like" the current page and you will be invited into the beta test in the next week or two!

9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

First at all thank you really much for that detailed Response. It really did raise my hopes that the Razor Franchise could bring iOS Gaming forward to the next Level.

The Idea with the different Gameplay Types sounds like an interesting turn and I`m looking forward to see the first Alpha Build in my Hands.

Therefor I did liked the Facebook Channel :D

10. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    This looks intriguing... will keep an eye on this..:)

11. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Quick update.

We've received our main SALVATION theme song and we have to share it as it is so beautiful and encapsulates the mood and ambience of a great Space Opera that we envisage RAZOR will become.

"Salvation" was composed by the truly talented Sean Beeson and we are excited to be working with him. Look forward to more awesome stuff!

Here is "Salvation" as appearing in our in-game menu:

12. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Playing it over and over again...A masterpiece !!! Congrats

13. gamecomposer

gamecomposer Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Thank you! It was a blast to write and I hope it is the beginning of a long series of scores with them :) (www.seanbeeson.com is some of my other music as well!)

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    oh nice - awesome to see Sean involved in this one!

15. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I'm looking forward to see what this brings.

I was actually a huge fan of Siegecraft, so I'm excited to play another title from you guys!

16. Reddaye

Reddaye Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Very interesting. I'll be watching this as well. Story premise has a lot of potential.

17. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    This reminds me of fallout for some reason, and looks really nice! So how will the game play?

18. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Well that was a busy GDC period, but now its all settled again and of course we have to deal with the new iPad :)

Firstly in answer to game play, the core game mechanic is based on the old school FPS like Quake and Unreal. Because the mobile devices really dont suit full FPS controls just yet, we've concentrated on AI to get the enemies to do a lot of moving around while the player gets to concentrate on shooting the little suckers while defending a position. Saying that they are definitely smart, using a dynamic cover based AI. So even if you move one of the burnt out cars, they'll change their cover location to match.

There are many more features which we'll be able to release details on shortly, but here are 3 iPad retina screenshots showing gibs, railgun and redeemer weapons ;) Nothing is final, everything is a work in progress. We are actually undergoing a redo of the GUI at the moment.

[​IMG]
    rs_gibs.png​

[​IMG]
    rs_redeemer.png​

[​IMG]
    rs_railgun.png​

I have only embedded small images and provided links to the full resolution screenshots @ 2048 x 1536 taken direct off the iPad.

19. gamecomposer

gamecomposer Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    These are looking awesome, especially in full res!!

20. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi everyone. Just a quick heads up that the closed beta test will begin very shortly on Facebook. Anyone interested on joining the test please PM me and I'll start hooking you up. The IOS beta test will commence shortly after, but will be restricted to the most active testers to make sure we get the best feedback possible.

Cheers,
    Ben.

Attached Files: