Universal HELP Feedback for upcoming puzzle RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lithiastudios, Jun 19, 2014.

1. lithiastudios

lithiastudios Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Hi there,

I am currently developing a puzzle RPG a la Dungeon Raid. When development started, there weren't many games in this genre, but now in the last few months there are quite a few. With that in mind, I believe there is still some room for providing a unique experience.

Given the great community and fan base here at TA, I was hoping fans of this genre could provide feedback as to what they like to see in Dungeon Raid type games or if there were dream features they always wished to see? Or even negative feedback would help as well (eg. "I refuse to play any game that does X Y or Z")

Thanks very much, and if you are interested in beta testing eventually please drop me a line if you have a Testflight account!

2. jgainsbrugh

jgainsbrugh Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Hey! Well I think puzzle quest did a few things right with this. Like characters u can choose : knight, Mage, thief. Each w different powers that they could use and level up. Also different bad guys and bosses to fight. That's my two cents. Hope it helps!

3. lithiastudios

lithiastudios Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Thanks for the reply, that's along the lines of what I have so far. You can choose between 3 classes and continuously fight different creatures while leveling up and the occasional boss. Different types of creatures/bosses perform different effects on the board tiles.

Right now I'm thinking as you level, you unlock a different spell (3 spells per class?) Also as time goes on the enemies get more challenging.

You can also get gold and when you have a certain amount, you can get a random item for one of your item slots.

I'd also like to implement the idea of legendaries a la Diablo 3, where certain items can give you special additional abilities.