Button - Indie Physics Puzzler (trailer &...)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SiriusBlack, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriusBlack

SiriusBlack Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Hey There,

I'm posting on here my upcoming physics based puzzle game. I'm an indie developer, and created this game by myself in the space of about 4 weeks or so. I'm actually quite pleased about it. And pleased about the responses it has gotten from friends and family. :)
    I have submitted it to Apple recently and expect it to be in the Appstore around the end of June/start of July.
    Take a look at the video below and let me know what you think? (of the video and/or the app) :D

Main features are:
    *Lovely dulcet/mood music and Sound effects
    *24 unlockable levels
    *Attractive interface
    *Challenging gameplay

Thank you,

Let me know your thoughts, as they are valued... :)

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Looks simple and challenging :) Seen these kinda titles before tho(Max and The Magic Marker), but pretty much every genre has something same :p

3. SiriusBlack

SiriusBlack Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Oh right, Yeah took a look at that game. I guess the drawing part is similar..yeah. Cool man, thanks for the feedback.

If anyone else has any feedback about whatever...let me know..

:)

Thanks,

Sirius

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I like the vid's presentation of actual gameplay and (I assume) original music from its OST. This looks like an intriguing physics puzzler that allows players to think on the fly. I'm looking for the game's release.

I'm writing this after having only seen the vid once and before I've had my morning coffee, so forgive me if I ask the obvious:

1. Is there anyway to draw the angles/lines BEFORE releasing the ball in motion?

2. Definitely an intriguing and quite cool concept, but is there any reason you chose a button versus say, a wheel, or a ball, as your main object?

3. 24 levels seems a bit smallish for a puzzle. Any plans on adding new levels? Free? IAP?

5. beerbelly

beerbelly Member

May 22, 2011
    Remind me of Feed Me Oil, similar mechanics.
    I didn't do good in FMO, so this might be a little tough for me. Anyhow I kept repeating again and again with FMO 'cause the physics had me hooked and most important of all, FMO get hint set in each level.
    Do you get that also?

And I agree with ColeDaddy that 24 levels is beyond enough.

6. SiriusBlack

SiriusBlack Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Hey there.
    I'll answer these questions in order.

1. Yeah totally, I believe in the video there's one or two points in which you see the 'drawing' taking place before pressing play. As it's possible to draw before and/or after pressing the 'play' button.

That's a very interesting question.. why do you ask?

2. I chose a button for more aesthetic and personal reasons, I just was interested in the design of that more. I designed the artwork for the game upon old paper, with platforms made of masking tape in which a button crashes upon them. I was inspired to use a button, and masking tape and old paper seemed to be strangely appropriate obstacles.
    Hmmm... I've never written that before "I was inspired to use a button". Haha, I feel like a grandmother, just with more Objective C and less toffee.

Another interesting question..is this because you thought that there may be a simple narrative thread through the game involving this button?

3. Yeah 24 levels to begin with, and adding in more in updates over time - as I've got plenty more ready to be designed and added. It's only me developing and designing, so the turn-around will hopefully be efficient enough. I'm confident it will be. :)

I thought about hints and decided, that although this game could have them for each level, it just wasn't the type of game that would necessarily need them, and if it didn't absolutely need them then I wouldn't shove them in. As to be honest I actually don't strictly call it a puzzle game, I call it a puzzle (60%) platformer (40%) - though that may only make sense to me. :)

I'll be sure to check out Feed Me Oil as soon as I can. Thanks for that information.