Apple's "App of the week" thread

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by skeletonlord, Jul 14, 2012.

1. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    #1 skeletonlord, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    Hey,

Starting from today, I will be posting the latest Apple free app promotion. Each promotion goes live every Thursday, and a selected app goes free for the week.

The promotion will be listed/updated on this thread each week. Keep an eye out on this thread.

The current promotion : FLICK KICK FOOTBALL

2. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #2 dclose, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

3. skeletonlord

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    How to do that? Is it just find the link for the website and then post that address?

4. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Find the link for Apple iTunes app, then surround it with [ appinfo ] and [ /appinfo ] without the spaces. If you quote my post, above, you'll see how to do it. Use [ appinfo=all ] for the first embedded appinfo reference, if you want to see even more information about the app, otherwise use the shortened basic version.

5. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
  6. #6 Connector, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    Thank you, since I post alot of free apps, this is very useful, couldn't find a help file on the board how to do it, so now I can post my own links which is helpful...

Also, this thread will be cool to keep up with their promotions. Kinda cool that it is happening cause some very cool apps that normally wouldn't be free are now turning free. And they get tons of free publicity too.

Edit: just tried to make a link for one of my posts, can't get to the itunes store on my ipad, so is above info pertain only to pc and macs? Is there anyway to link easily from my ipad?

7. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    What I do is search for the app (by name) using Google in Safari, then cut and paste the link from there (press and hold link and wait for cut/copy pop-up).

Here's a link to a list of supported special codes on Touch Arcade, that I'm sure you'll find useful too.

8. Thank you for being so kind. Couldn't find this before, but I knew it had to be around somewhere. Thanks!

9. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    I'm sort of dissapointed by this one, I guess I wanted a game, not a picture editor.

10. skeletonlord

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Maybe it will be a game this Thursday! Keep an eye out!

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Good with the bad, can't have Angry Birds every week. And Diptic is pretty fun.

12. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #12 dclose, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    This week's pick is Flick Kick Football.

13. This better than the other Flick soccer games put there, and kind of funny. Well worth the download.

14. skeletonlord

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Updated original post with yesterday's free download. The currently download is "Flick Kick Football".

15. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Current pick is Catapult King by Chillingo.