Please, be a more professional in your podcasting.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by TheOctagonTheory, Nov 23, 2013.

1. TheOctagonTheory

TheOctagonTheory Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    semi-retired
    Tokyo, Japan
    #1 TheOctagonTheory, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2013
    Hello,

Episode 130: the segment starts at about 53 minutes in…and goes on till 55:43.

I listened to you guys talk about a game and I wanted to know what game it was. I missed the initial mention of the game's name and you talked and talked but I could never learn what game you were talking about. You kept using "that game", "it". "the developer", "that guy", "the dude". Any pro podcaster or reviewer knows that when you talk about some product that you shouldn't use generic terms like "it" and "that game". And as much as possible use the darn name of the game instead of "it" or "that game" and name of the developer instead of "he", or "that dude"

And you do it every time. I listen to you talk about a game and then I have to scrub all over the damn podcast, and if I am lucky I can find out what game it is that you are talking about.

Please, be a more professional in your podcasting.

2. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    ...right. Because "professional" podcasts are so entertaining, and always do so well in number of listeners. Sorry, but conversational podcasts are what people like to listen to, and this site has a pretty good one.

Also, you "missed the initial mention of the game's name" and were lost? Why didn't you just rewind the podcast back to when they mentioned it? You know this isn't live radio, right?

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
  4. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
  5. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    I know how frustrating this is too, happened to me recently with another podcast. But I think out of frustration you may have been a bit harsh in your comments. A helpful suggestion for them to try and repeat the name of a game would have been much more widely received.