"Battleheart" Score by Gravity Music

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Gravity Jim, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Gravity Jim

Gravity Jim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Commercial music producer
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I am proud to have created the sweeping, heroic score for Mika Mobile's out-of-the-gate hit "Battleheart." The music (and the game's signature sound effect) were created and recorded here on The Bridge at Gravity Music.

Are you looking for real, composed music, played by real musicians? Tired of digging through "ambient/electronica" tracks that sound like Moby passed out on the keyboard of his Korg Karma? Drop me a line at [email protected] and let me know what you're looking for.

And thanks to Mika Mobile for the opportunity to write a good score for a really great game.

2. Gravity Jim

Nov 19, 2009
    Santa Rosa, CA
    BTW... sweeping orchestral isn't all we do. Rock guitars, bleeps and bloops, comedy tunes, Foley SFX, light jazz, deep atmospheres, super-pop and weird stylistic mash-ups are part of the stock in trade at Gravity.

Call us for anything.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The soundtrack to Battleheart owns.

That is all.

4. Gravity Jim

Nov 19, 2009
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Thank you kindly, Mr. Hodapp. We worked hard to make it a "real game" soundtrack. Biggest challenge: getting our string players to groove with the "heavy metal upstroke" backbeat on the boss theme. Cello players have not practiced a lot of Metallica riffs. :)

5. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Gotta agree! Fantastic music. Great job!

(Sorry I don't have a great [or any] job for you.)

6. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    I also enjoyed the music for Battleheart. Having said that, I might be down with listening to Moby passed out on the keyboard of his Korg Karma as well. Probably better then listening to his Animal Rights album.

7. Gravity Jim

Nov 19, 2009
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Thank you both, gentlemen.

The Moby joke is actually from MST3K, but they said "sounds like Kitaro fell asleep on his keyboard." I wasn't sure anybody 'round these parts would know or remember who Kitaro was. :)

8. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Huge bonus points for the MST3K reference! Which episode was it? I wanna say Space Mutiny..?

9. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I was going to post something very close to this when I opened the thread. Instead, I'll just give a +1.

10. Gravity Jim

Nov 19, 2009
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Maybe I should release a "Mika's Greatest Hits" EP on iTunes. :)

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Kitaro's Sacred Journey album I think was pure genius for the type of work that it is. With a great stereo or headphones, it is transforming.

12. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I absolutely love the OST. Sell it on iTunes, Bandcamp or SoundCloud (the latter two probably a bit cheaper)

13. konop

konop Active Member

Jan 27, 2011
    How much is a score?

14. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Ah, here's the thread for the music. I applaud you for the great music you produced for Battleheart. It definitely boosted the gameplay experience. Loved how you took music that's associated with fantasy and changed it to something much more exciting than just bells, chimes, harp, and violin.

15. Gravity Jim

Nov 19, 2009
    Santa Rosa, CA
    More thanks to ya'll. Battleheart was inspiring to work on, for sure, and the Mika Mobile team does a great job of providing strong direction and then just letting me do something "artistic" within their guidelines.

The score is getting a lot of attention from other developers, too, which is obviously a good thing.

16. Poedonk

Poedonk Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Marine
    Jacksonville, NC
    I'm glad music is getting to this level on the iphone. It's simply fantastic. Great job.

17. Gravity Jim

Nov 19, 2009
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Just a quick note:

Thanks again to all who posted to this thread, and and even bigger thanks to the devs who have contacted us in the last few days. I'm nominally swamped but will address all bid requests in the next couple days.

Thanks for TouchArcade, too. Y'all rock.

18. Gravity Jim

Nov 19, 2009
    Santa Rosa, CA
    We've had a lot of attention to our score for Battleheart. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to work on your game, too.

Drop me a line for a bid on real composed, performed and recorded music. I don't even own a copy of Reason anymore..... :)

- GJ