Mint.io (music, not a game) has had iaps stripped and gone paid (check your cloud)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    It's a pretty sexy techno DnB live performance/recording jamthang...single screen, multiple x-y pads, synths, drum machine, chord sequencer, etc.

The point of this post is this: It was released by Amidio at the same time they were having a freebie sale on a bunch of their apps, so some here might have dl'ed it. It was released free with an iap to unlock it; they stripped out the iap and raised the price to 5 bucks. If you're like me, you dam the torpedos and download everything...if I need space, I'll delete it from my PC.

IF you dl'ed it when it was free, you can install it from the cloud now (just search for it on your iPad) and have a fully functioning, mint flavored music app. Once I figure how to post video, I'll upload a clip of me jamming like a damn fool to the musicians social group.

2. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #2 chris1a, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    This one is really fun to mess around with. First version couldn't actually save your project/session, but I talked to Amidio about it and they weren't sure first about saving a whole session since they thought Mint.io would be more of a live performance playing thing. But eventually got em to do it (even the buffer for the melody pond), but only 16 "save slots" to begin with in this new version. Dunno why they didn't want to integrate it into the file menu more then "it was faster to get it to Apple for approval", but I guess it's better then nothing.

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Holding my breath! =)

4. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Why? Because, frankly, Amidio is weird. They've pulled a lot of their apps from the store; their gui designers MUST be on exctasy; instead of Soundcloud they've got a link with a wierd service; they make a Ukelele synth with a separate iphone remote, which is about as crazy as it gets!

Having said that...and I'm not into the clean type of techno this app is meant for, it's great fun using it for live work. I was nearly spinning and jumpingin my chair while swapping the drum sets and hitting the touchpads :). I just need some studio cans and a glowstick.

5. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Why? It's a good app and I thought it definitely needed more attention from the devs. Like being able to save for example. I know Amidio dropped Noise.io way too fast (I bought back when it was still functioning), and they've released some weird crap since then. But this is the first good app from Amidio since noise.io so...And yes I'm pretty sure the designer is doin exctasy. The neon thing takes some time gettin used to. Do they have any app that's not glowing neon?

6. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    hmm. I've got them all except the keyboard by that guy from Dream Theater.

No.

7. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Sweet, picked this up when it was free due to a random email from the devs. I didn't even know they had my address.

9. This might sound pretty stupid, but what the heck is a groovebox?

10. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

The term Groovebox was originally used by Roland corporation to refer to its MC-303, but the term has since entered general use. It refers to a self-contained instrument for the production of live, loop-based electronic music with a high degree of user control facilitating improvisation.

A groovebox consists of three integrated elements.

—one or more sound sources, such as a drum machine, a synthesizer or a sampler
    —a music sequencer
    —a control surface, i.e. a combination of knobs (potentiometer or rotary encoder), sliders and buttons, and display elements (LED and/or LCD)

The integration of these elements into a single system allows the musician to rapidly construct and control a pattern-based sequence, often with multiple instrumental or percussion voices playing simultaneously. These sequences may also be chained together into a song in a live and immediate way. A groovebox is similar to a music workstation.

More:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groovebox

11. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Or, to put it more succinctly, a one-man electronic band.

12. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Free again for a limited time

13. As Greyskull would say....

Sexy...

14. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    If this is indeed free, grab it! It's fun as all hell.

15. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    There is also a new, free Novation app which works with Novation Launchkey. I forget the name. Don't know if it will stay free, so lock in your licenses! At least if you picked up Launchkey.

16. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Launchpad I think. Only bunch of loops from loopmasters to mess around with for now. But it seems the ability to bring in your own stuff is coming.