Will iPhone OS user buy DS2 and PSP2?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kintaro360, Nov 8, 2009.

?

Will you buy the next gen of traditional portable consoles?

1. Yes!

26 vote(s)
    20.3%
  2. No!

49 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. I have to see them first!

53 vote(s)
    41.4%
  1. Kintaro360

Kintaro360 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Vienna
    Since there are already some good games and there will come a lot more games to iPhone and iPod Touch I wonder if most iDevice users still will buy a Ds 2 or PSP 2 or even a Xbox Portable?

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    LIke the poll says I'd have to see them first, but yeah I probably will. Some games on the DS and PSP that you can't play on the iPod Touch and the DS2 and PSP2 will have those games as well.

3. ticookie

ticookie Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2008
    As much as I love iGaming, conventional portables are much, much better. Give me buttons over touchscreen any day.

4. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, considering that we know nothing about any of those, It's a hard question, but i'll consider them if the have these:

DS2: multitouch screen, more powerful, better internet access and more online features, an analog stick (only one NEEDED, two would be better)

PSP2: Bigger screen, longer battery life, disc AND download games, two analog sticks, no gimmicks

XBox Portable: Great connectivity (with 360), awesome battery, be able to play old xbox games (technically, not physically) and two analog sticks

5. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

I voted no as I am not a big gamer.

The quality and price of the games on the Iphone/Ipod Touch works for me very well.

David

6. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    of course i will. no point in limiting yourself. unless you have a tight gaming budget that is.

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'd definitely have to see them first. If they're powerful and have a great upcoming gaming library along with digital downloads and great online play, I'm down for it. The games on the iPod, while great, just don't satisfy me completely.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    This is actually in the wrong section -- should be in general discussion. That said, if I'm going to spend $200+ on a new gaming system with $40+ games, it's going to be a PS3.

9. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    In the words of Palin, "You bet'cha!"

10. mrcc

mrcc Well-Known Member

no. maybe the xbox portable but likely not. im happy with the itouch

11. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Definitely a PSP2. DS2, it depends, I hardly play on my DS anymore, its just collecting a lot of dust.

12. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Im completely content with iphone gaming. U get so much quality for a small price.

13. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    maybe psp2. depends on the new feautures, price, and look. definitely not ds2.

14. williaaaam

williaaaam Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Student
    Scotland, UK
    See this is where i believe, iphone gaming could pull away from all the others. For some games such as fieldrunners or flight control, touch screen rules. But for others, buttons would be better.

However if apple were to invent (and i know its possible) a controller thing which plugged into the port adding buttons on each side, games could use both, or just buttons, or still just touchscreen only and it would be the best of both worlds.

15. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I feel that by picking up games on craigslist, and sometimes at Gamestop when they have a deal, I get a whole lot more content and quality for my DS and PSP than for iPhone. The $1 mini games are nice, but the $5-7 games just dont whet my appetite when I get Mario games, with 3-5X more content and 10X better quality, for $15, plus I'm able to trade em in for a new game when I'm finished or if I decided I didnt like it i can return or sell it no questions asked.

16. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #16 LBG, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
    I voted no.
    The convenience of being able to play high quality games on my mobile phone with new games being released every day outweighs having the latest graphics on a portable device.
    As long as it can play high quality 2D/3D games, that's all that matters to me.
    For everything else there's my PS3 :)

17. williaaaam

Sep 13, 2008
    Student
    Scotland, UK
    yeh, if you have a ps3 it changes ur opinion because you are expecting less from an ipod as you have a console for serious games. However i have a ps2, so for me my ipod is my games console :p I do wish we could trade in ipod games as well somehow :D

18. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Yes I probably will.

19. williaaaam

Sep 13, 2008
    Student
    Scotland, UK
  20. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Yes. Of course. I might actually get to play 'real' and not low quality casual games. However, the sole perk in having an iPod over those other devices is the ability to have all my News, Social Networking clients, etc. on one device.